Chapter 22.

"I-I-I'm so sorry. I sh-should have knocked!" I stuttered hysterically with my knees feeling like jelly.

There he was. Standing by his large desk with his shirt off. His broad chest was slightly wet as it shined in the morning sunlight. His body was...glorious. His wife is one lucky lady.

He smirked at my nervousness and stepped out from his desk. At least he wasn't naked.

Once he got closer, I was finally able to pick up my jaw that was hanging on the floor.

"I assume that's my breakfast?" He pointed to the brown paper bag in my hand. I looked at it quickly, drawing me away from my gaze and handed it to him.

"Yes. It is." I said rather robotically.

"Great. Thanks." He took it out of my hand and began to look inside of it as he walked back to his desk.

Fidgeting with my fingers, I was becoming more and more uncomfortable by the second. But I was certainly enjoying my view. And I'm not talking about the view of the city.

"You can sit down if you want." He suggested before he went inside the bag and brought out the croissant.

I took his offer and sat down. Only because standing there was beginning make things worse for my jelly knees.

"Oh. I'm sorry about...this." He gestured to his bare chest, making me clear my throat.

"Wine spilled literally all over my shirt now I'm waiting for a new shirt." He explained. Oh, that explained it. For a second I thought he chilled in his office shirtless all the time. Oh, how great that sounds.

"Sorry to hear about that." I basically squeaked, tightening my thighs closer.

The sound of the door opening brought our eyes to the door. In walked the amazing Mrs Upton.

She had a harsh scowl on her face with a plain white t shirt in her hand. Must be for her husband.

"Morning, Mrs Upton." I chirped to her. Her eyes quickly glared at me and she gave me a small smile. Thanks.

"Now...don't get this one dirty. You're so lucky we had a spare or else I would have had to go home. Be careful next time please, Damon." She spoke to him as if he was a child. She placed the shirt on his desk and quickly walked out.

"She talks to me like I'm a child. Its pathetic." He mumbled as he continued to eat and stare out the window.

You're damn right its pathetic.

"Maybe you should tell her you don't like it." My eyes widened at my sudden remark. I quickly covered my mouth, hoping he didn't hear me.

He turned around and nodded. "I wish I could but she doesn't listen. She's always right in her world." He mumbled sourly. Are they having relationship problems?

I decided to keep my mouth shut, I have no clue on how these type of relationships work so its not my place to speak on it. Hell- I can't even give out advice.

"Dominique, be a dear and help me put on my shirt. My hands are all sticky." What?

My heat pounded hard against my chest. Would this mean I would touch him? Be face to face with him? I'm up for that.

"Sure." I responded quietly. I picked up the shirt and walked over to his side. I'm surprised I haven't tripped by now.

He faced me, looking outside the window still. I gestured for him to put his arms through the sleeves, which he obeyed. Pulling the sides inwards for me to do the buttons, my fingers slightly grazed across his chest. Catching my breath a bit.