Not Happening (Skylin)

Ch. 15: Not happening

Skylin:

In the weeks coming I had never expected people to talk about Nate and I. I guess I never thought that Nate having a girlfriend would be such a huge deal and honestly I don't think he did either. I will admit the way he asked me was way over done. He said that he wanted everyone to know that I was taken which was sweet but I think it was mainly to stop people from thinking I cheated on him.

When I agreed to be his girlfriend I didn't know it would be this hard. Don't get me wrong I trust him I really do just not the girls, their all constantly throwing themselves at him. I know he would never do anything to hurt me but I also know he's not a virgin. Another thing is even if I wanted to it's not like I could give him it, I am a werewolf. Dont worry Nate isn't some crazed sex addict he's only slept with a few people but it just turns my stomach the way he could so easily get rid of me because of that reason. I know he's willing to wait but he doesn't even know my secret. It felt so complicated but everytime I was with him I felt like I was on cloud nine. He knew exactly how to make me feel special, relaxed and secure in his arms. I had no reason to believe that he would leave and because of it I felt like I was truly falling for him.

As for Cade we really haven't sat down and talked since the football game. Plus I heard that night he had a fight with Cassy and that could be the reason he was with me to get his mind off it. I know that they did fix things but I also knew she was only a tease. I guess the only time I've really talked to him is in drama and we only study the play. He couldn't even tell me that I wasn't involved in thanksgiving with his family. I woke up that morning to find a note:

We're out with my parents, no need to join. Be back later. -Cade

Of course at first I felt rejected but then I realized I didn't want to be around when his parents questioned about us. I ended up spending half the day with Mere and Nate anyway. When they all came home most of them were drunk and had company. Alright only Lane and Cade had company. Addy was a bit tipsy but she apologized saying she wasn't allowed to tell me and that it was a good thing I wasn't there. I hadn't questioned her further only because she reeked.

The next morning I woke up to a drunk message from Cade. I was shocked and partially scared to listen to it. I hit play and the message was him apologizing. That was it he said I'm sorry in a slurred voice and hung up.  I wasn't exactly sure what to make of it and didn't really care to think much about it. I climbed out of bed making my way down to the kitchen still in my pajamas some shorts that may have been a bit short and a t shirt. I grabbed a bowl fixing some cereal when in walked Cade, "morning babe." He nodded to me making some coffee. Did i mention his hair was disheveled and he was only wearing a pair of joggers. I couldn't help my eyes roam his body as I continued, " what was your message about last night."

He Turned around this time mug in hand his eyes locking on mine," I'm sorry for being so mean to you sky. I don't like the idea of having a mate so I took it out on you."

"Why"

"That topic is for another day, but tonight is a family gathering at my parents."

My mouth gaped open, "I thought that's what thanksgiving was for."

He smiled, " you thought you got lucky didn't you?"

"Ya! What did u do yesterday then!"

"We had thanksgiving ceremony that's why everyone came but today my family celebrates and you are to make an appearance with me."

"When you say your family that's doesn't included everyone else?"

"No just blood family, not pack family."