Not accepting (Skylin)

**above is the character Meredith is base off of which is Acacia Brinley

Ch. 3: Not accepting

Skylin~

I was at the mall with a friend when I felt the need to turn my head. I looked to my right and spotted him. Instantly generating deja vu I shook my head as I became a bit dizzy with the familiarity of this whole situtation. It felt like I knew him already. Brushing my feeling to the side I gave a guess that he was probably on the cover of some hollister bag with his shaggy brown hair that looked like he had run his hands through it a few times. He seemed to be around 6'1 and built of muscle. Thanks to my good eye sight I was able to read the expression in his green eyes with golden specks. His eyes revealed that he was stunned and slightly mad. I smirked glad I caught him by surprise. I was just a little confused as to why I didn't feel anything close to love. Most weres instantly love their mate but I, I just felt an empty soulless bond. He turned away breaking contact grabbing his friends arm. His friend looked back at me before complying and that's when I froze realizing the dread of this whole thing my mate is Cade Mcorvic. Cade belongs to the Bluelit Pack, known to be the most powerful pack in the world. Just so happens that Cade is also next in line to be the alpha.

My father had been a huge part of my life growing up. He helped teach me how to control my inner wolf when I turned 14. At the age of 14 a werewolf is able to transform to their animal form with that they become more powerful, stronger, gain more speed and their eyesight and hearing become a heck of a lot better with a bit of telepathy. In order for you to get better at all these things you have to learn your limits making you control it which is where my dad came in. As for mates, werewolves attract each other by an irresistibly strong bond that is held together by the love for each other. When they have that first connection it's like love at first site. Werewolves call it having a mate because your mate is someone that your suppose to spend the rest of your life with its sorta like soul mates your each other's better half. During the time that my father taught me how to control my mother taught me all about the different packs around our area. They always told me that we however didn't have a certain pack that we belonged to but we were to always keep up. After they passed I tried to keep tabs on the packs but it became harder because when my parents died they took everything from me. I was forced to live in an orphanage and when I hit my 18th birthday they can then kick me out which they will indeed do.

I decided since I need a place to live I should seek cade out to help me with my problem. I went to the club and try to catch cade there. However that plan foiled when he practically ran out.

Before I was about to leave I crashed into someone," Oh sorry," I apologized quickly taking a step back facing the person. The street lamp shone on his face allowing me to recognize the face. He spoke in tone that told me he wasn't bothered at all," No problem."

Just as i was about to leave his eyes shown with some sort of recognition," Your her aren't you?"

I smiled at the blonde who just so happened to be the one that was at the mall with Cade," If we're talking about the same person than yes, and exactly who are you?" I decided to play it stupid.

He smile," Sorry I'm Lane and were talking about Cade right?"

I put on a shy smile," Yes! Thank goodness I ran into you, Cade left but earlier he told me to come by the house tomorrow...but I never got an address."

He laughed," That sounds like Cade. here let me see your phone. I'll type it in your notes."

I pulled out my phone handing it to him. He started typing then handed it back to me," Here, we're usually up by 10 so come over whenever."

I smiled," Thanks Lane, see ya later." he then gave me a nod as I walked off in the opposite direction calling my best friend Meredith.

------------

I woke up to someone whacking me with a pillow," Get up birthday girl!"

I groaned,"Make it stop."

"Well then get up," Meredith exclaimed.

I looked at her in confusion," Your finally 18 Sky!"

"Yippee," I spoke sarcastically.

she tugged on my arm," Oh come on just go take a shower. You've been in that dress all night."

"What you don't like?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows while starting to stand up with my butt in her face.

She laughed pushing me away," No you slut you've been at a bar all night."

I chuckled grabbing a pair of her shorts and a tank out of her closet.

I returned and  Mere instantly commented,"Hot damn do you look good or do you look good?" I laughed at Meredith as she asked," So Sky do you maybe have a hot date to impress."

I signed," Not exactly.. I just have a plan to go through with."

She flipped her straight auburn hair,"Tell me everything!"

I sat down her bed facing her, "You see I meant my mate yesterday..."

"YOU DID?! WHO IS HE!"She squealed.

"It's not exciting when he just so happens to be Cade Mcorvic."

Her smile then faded to a pity one," At least he's hot."

Meredith knew who Cade was by the way almost everyone does he has a rep for bad attitude," That's not the point neither of us fell head over heels for each other."

"Hmm why not?"

"Exactly! I don't know."

"Well I mean that's not a bad thing you can still hook up with other guys, for instance Nate," she said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I smiled," I guess it's just I don't get why were mates then."

"Ya that is really weird!"

"I know!"

"Ok Skylin back to da plan"

"Alright since I'm 18 I get kicked out of the orphanage and since your mom hates me I can't sneak in and out of your house all the time. I decided to use Cade for my own good and get rid of Brian."

Her hazel eyes widened," I'm so sorry Sky you know I've been trying to convince her!"

I stopped her,"Mere don't worry about it. I know you've tried your hardest. Truthfully I don't know how I would deal with her especially since she's bipolar."

"It's tough! Real tough!Thankfully my dads chill. Anyway back to this scheme of yours, how do you plan on using Cade?"

"It's quite simple actually, remember how he's going into alpha training soon?"

"Ya..."

I smile devishely,"Well he told me he doesn't need me but in all reality he does. For him to go into training he needs a mate and to be alpha he needs a luna. Now remember every werewolf can mark only their mate." She looked a bit confused," Mere a marking is to show they are the one and only match for each other if he marks someone that isn't his they become deathly ill and most die."

"Ohh so your the only one he can mark as proof that your the girl."

"Yes therefore I'm going going to use that against him in order to live in his house."

She smiled," You Skylin are a genius!"

"I know!"

Mere laughed grabbing my arm taking me to the front door," Here are your keys and," she opened the door," Here is your birthday present!"

I was to shocked to move. Meredith had just given me a brand new 2014 maroon impala. I turned to her jumping on her," Thank you thank you thank you so much."

I got down before she spoke," It's the least I could do. Now leave before my mom gets home."

I hugged her one more time," Thank you."

She shined her perfect teeth," Call and tell me how everything goes."

"Absolutely," I yelled walking to the passenger seat.

_______________

Thanks for reading please vote comment share you know what to do💥💥