Not wanting (Cade)

**The pic above is who Skylin is based off of which is Madison Beer

Ch. 2: Not wanting

Cade-

As Lane and I finished our Chinese food at the food court I had a sudden urge to turn around. I turned my head, my eyes resting on a couple holding hands. I instantly noticed her as her eyes locked with mine staring back at me. The girl had dark brown hair that hung in loose curls, her tips were dyed to a purplish pink color. Our eyes were locked but nothing seemed to happen. I knew she was my mate. Unfortunately I didn't want a mate. Starting at her I felt cold and empty. This was a bizarre feeling usually people claim it's like live at first sight. After what felt like minutes her lips curved into a smirk knowing the same thing as I. I hurried and broke eye contact in case the empty feeling turned to something that I didn't want. Turning back around I spoke harshly," Lane were leaving NOW."

"What? Why?" He spoke turning around to look at who I had been staring at.

I grabbed his arm,"Just go, I'll explain it in the car," I warned.

I took off without a second glance behind me. When we both reached my red baby Lane yelled at me," Now what is going on?" I looked at him from across the car ," I found her."

His eyes went wide," So it was the girl.... Congrats dude!"

"Congrats? No! Lane I don't want a mate! You of all people know that," I shouted running a hand through my dark hair.

Lane started running his hand through his hair," Sh!t I was hoping you finally accepted things by now," he mumbled. I could feel my anger rising, as I climbed in the drivers seat. It would be much easier to accept my Mate, but I couldn't not after my brother.

Lane got in the car," What are you gonna do?"

I signed trying to convice myself that she didnt know," I'm not sure man, she was holding another guys hand so hopefully she didn't feel it." The back of my mind betrayed me flashing back to her smirk, she knew exactly what we were.

Lane snorted," I doubt she didn't feel it."

"I know, your right. Why does the bond have to be so damn strong?"

He shook his head speaking in a duh tone," So you find each other."

I growled,"F*** that."

Lane laughed,"Dude just chill."

I took a breather realizing one thing "Lane," I spoke thinking hard," I felt a connection, but isn't there usually like sparks or something?"

His eyes went wide," Ya something like that why?"

"I didn't feel that, I felt cold and empty."

His blue eyes went from wide to very much shocked," Cade that's not normal!"

I smirked relaxing a bit," You know I'm kind of relieved about it. Maybe I'll have a mate that I don't actually have to... have."

"Is that even possible?"

After my brother i knew it anything was possible. Everyone surround the accident kept everything hush hush. I spoke with out a care in the world, "Who knows, I'm not complaining."

He was about to say something then paused," Don't you have to go meet your parents?"

I looked at the clock it read 2," Unfortunately here I'll drop you off first then head there." It took about three hours to get there so I had to get a start on it.

-------

I pulled up to the gate rolling my window down to greet the guard," Hey Mark." He then tipped his hat opening the gate for me. I thanked him before driving up the circular driveway stopping in front of the doors. I got out of my red Lamborghini locking it on my way up to the grand entrance. Marvin opened the door," good morning Sir glad you could make it."