Not that I needed it (skylin)

**Above is who Cassy resembles which is Gabriella Wilde

Ch. 10: Not that I needed it

Skylin:

As I walked down the stairs Cade was there greeting me with a dazzling smile sometimes he could really light a spark. The moment I saw his parents I got light headed as if I've meant them before. Of course I've seen pictures of them before when i studied the different packs so I assumed that's why they felt familiar. It was no joke that Cades good looks ran in his family. His parents were cleaned up nicely in a very classy way and didn't look a day over 20. After I meant Cades parents they took us out for brunch it was still awkward everytime Cade touched me, trying to be all affectionate when in reality I couldn't stand him. I tried my best not to tense up but it only made things worse. Cade's parents had asked me many questions that I preceded to answer. His dad turned his attention to Cade noticing the way Cade seem to be gazing elsewhere and when I say elsewhere I mean on a waitress that looked very much like the one he was with at the club. I think that's what sparked Cade's dad anger. In all honestly I understood why he was mad all he wants is for his son to be happy with a mate being alpha. As we left the restaurant I was disappointed that he doesn't even realize that he has a father that only wants what's best for him and he takes it all for granted.  I also saw cade sneak a note to the waitress. Once we got back to the house and his parents had left I confronted him,"so cade do you mind telling me how this plan of yours will work? I thought that you know you might have to actually put effort into me and not jump on  everything with a pair of legs. I was pissed sand went about avoiding him.

I was in Spanish for at least 20 minutes when in walked cade. He started talking to the teacher in spanish which you'd think I'd have down pack by now considering it's my eighth year taking the foriegen langage, but no I'm just as clueless as I was the first day I started learning it. As I watched him talk to her I noticed his hair was more messy then the usual look. A couple seconds later walked in the the beach blonde, Cassy that he usually flirts with all class. She came with a smug smile wiping her smeared lipstick. Our eyes locked for a splint second but im pretty sure in the second her face instantly showed that she felt superior to me like she had just won the golden prize. As she sat down I watched her eyes fall on Cade lighting up as he walked back to his seat smirking at her. Thats when it all clicked they had probably been together most likely making out in the nearest closet. I snorted at the thought why couldn't Nate be my werewolf mate? In the last five minuets of class my teacher announced that we could talk, move around do what we wanted. Great just great the only person that talks to me is this creepy guy Braden who im not quite fond of. Braden came and sat next to me and started talking about his dog that I reminded him of. How? The world may never know. I was soon saved by a gruff voice saying," sorry man I need to talk to Skylin." when Braden didn't move he added, "Alone." Braden hurried getting up out of the guys way I didn't bother to look up at the voice,"Your welcome." He sat down and my suspicions were correct it was indeed Cade," I never said thank you."

"You didn't have to."

I signed," What do you want anyway?"

"Now Skylin is that anyway to greet the guy that just put you out of your misery?"

"Hmp I never asked for your rescuing. So cut to it will ya?"

"Fine fine I came over here to make peace with you."

"And you couldn't do that anywhere else."

"Considering you've been avoiding me the past couple days I decided now so that you can't escape."

"I rather you do it at home so that Cassy over there wouldn't be giving me the death glare."

Cade smirked not even bothering to look at her," She's got every right to be jealous of you."