Chapter 18

No POV

  The Google definition of ignore is to refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

   Draco took that to the extremes.

   She would walk past him in the hallway and try to say hi but he would rush off before she could say anything. She would go to sit next him at dinner and he would stand up, grab a hold-able piece of food if he wasn't done eating yet, and walk away. During potions, he would do half the work and make her do the rest while he lay his head down (head facing away from her). After practice, he would wait in the locker room until Gryffindor left and then go onto the field. Finally, she gave up.

  Until on Wednesday after practice she decided to catch him in the locker room.

   Kyra's POV

  "Good practice today everyone." Oliver says and everyone gets their stuff together to leave the field.

  "Hey Kyra. Wait for a second." he says and starts toward me. "What have you been doing lately?" he asks.

 "When you say lately you mean yesterday because I talked to you Monday at practice, and you told our secret, so um I guess I've been ignoring you." I say in my smart-alic voice and start to walk toward the locker room.

  "Look, I'm sorry. I was caught in the moment and you know how competitive I am. Which, why wouldn't I be, I've got the best team in the whole school and--" he says but I cut him off.

  "Oliver!!! That's not the point. It's you girlfriends fault, and I thought she would be the one to actually say something about it! You're supposed to be my best friend." I yell at him.

 "I know! I'm so sorry Kyra, you've got to forgive me." he says to me pleadingly.

  "I don't know, Oliver. Please leave. I've got to get someone to forgive me because of you." I say. Oliver sighs and leaves me alone to my business.

  I walk into the locker room quietly and see Draco grabbing his broom.

 "Draco." I say quietly. "We need to talk."

  He looks up at me with a cold look. "I don't have time."

 "It won't be long! Just please listen, I didn't mean what I said it's just that, well you see--"

  "I don't have time Kyra!" he cuts me off.

 "Please! Draco please!!" I plead.

  "Fine." he says but he's got that look that I better make it fast.

   I run my hand through my hair and look at him.

 "Katie game me a truth serum that Fred and George made. It made me say that I still like Oliver. That's all! I never said I was dating you to make him jealous!!" i tell him.

  "But you still like him" he says.

 "Well, yeah. I can't help it Draco!! He's my best friend! I've got to have some feelings for him. But that doesn't mean I don't like you. Well, I don't like you, I-I" I stumble to finish.

 "You what?" he asks, not sounding to harsh now.

 "I, well I guess I love you. " I say looking him in the eyes.

  "Really?" he says now curious.

  "Yeah. Yeah." I say twice to get my confidence up.

   "Well, I'm sorry Kyra. But I can't date you while you still like him." He says.

  "Why not!?" i ask him my voice shaking from the fear of what he'll tell me.

  "Because, it never works. You of all people should know that in books and movies the friend always wants the girl. It just doesn't work. I'm not going to be your Gale to your Katniss Everdeen." he says and pushes past me onto the field as I wipe a tear from my face.