Chapter 38

Copyrights 2014 © Elena Sgro 

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 38:

I sat on the edge of the bed as I watched D'Angelo pace. He was still on edge, his anger radiating off him. The whole car ride to his home had been silent between us. I just sat there staring out the window as I tried to control my emotions. Maria’s words still played over in my mind. I was still in initial shock from her hurtful words. Never had I suspected someone her age to use such foul language, and towards someone she had just met, it wasn’t right.

No as I sat on D’Angelo’s bed I felt my hands shake. It wasn’t a rational reaction, especially considering the circumstances but I couldn’t evade it. Her words had cut to deep, and even after my little revelation on my feelings for D’Angelo. I still couldn’t shake the doubt in our relationship.

Her words had made me question everything, it made me pick up on the little missing details in my relationship with D’Angelo. Never had we gone on a date. Of course it was kind of hard to with all the chaotic events that had happened recently, but even then. If D'Angelo did want a proper relationship with me, wouldn’t he take me out on a date. If D'Angelo really wanted everyone to know I was his, like he claimed, wouldn’t he want to take me out and flaunt me to everyone? I shook that thought away, they way D'Angelo had treated me in front of his family proved he wanted to fault me. That fact that he had introduced me as his girlfriend to his family proved he serious he was about me. And yet everything all narrowed down to his mothers harsh words.

It was clear how little she thought of her son, and he late husband. She was a vial woman but I could never disrespect her, she was still D’Angelo’s mother, and no matter what he said about her he still loved her.

“After everything I’ve fucking done for her” he all but growled.

His voice was so harsh it made me flinch, but I wasn’t afraid of him. Standing up on shaky legs I cautiously moved towards him. His pacing form reminding me of an agitated tiger that had just been captured. Gently I grabbed his wrist and placed his hand in mine, bringing it up to my lips as my eyes locked with his.

The pure fire in his bright green depths sent my body alight. The urge to trow myself against him and crush my lips against his was so strong but I had to hold myself back. He wasn’t in the right state of mind, not with the amount of anger coursing through him, and from past experience I knew he wouldn’t touch me until I gave him what he wanted. The only problem was, I didn’t know if I could say those three words he wanted. 

I was in love with him. I could feel it, the echo of those words in my head made my heart thunder, but it was one thing to feel love and another to say it.

“Don’t even think about tell me to calm down. I heard every fucking word she said to you Kira” he growled lowly. His eyes looking so deeply into my it felt like he could see into my soul. My heart thundered louder in my ears. I felt like he could see how I felt as his head lowered towards mine. On instinct my lips parted waiting to feel his, my body tingling with need, and yet I found myself about to protest. Knowing that we had to talk about the current situation rather than make out furiously like I knew we would. I was about to gently push D'Angelo away when a loud crashing noise sounded in the hall. I was quick to get to my feet only for D'Angelo to grip my arm in his hand and pull me behind him.

“Stay behind me no matter what” was all he said before he moved towards the door. I crept behind him quietly, nerves on high alert. After the evening we had just had now was no time for someone to be breaking into D’Angelo’s house.