Chapter 48

Copyrights 2015 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

Warning: This chapter does contain explicit content 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 48:

My spine tingled and I shivered turning around to see what was setting me on edge only to find Adrianna. My heart drummed in my chest at the sight of her. Since coming back from the hospital I hadn't seen her. Partly because I had been doing everything to avoid her and partly because I guess she was doing the same. I felt a tightness in my chest towards her. The anger that I once felt dissipated as I remembered the talk I had with D'Angelo. I stood on my feet, wringing my fingers together a slight nervousness flitting in my stomach.

My best friend of many years stood before me, her skin pale, her eyes dull and hesitant. Her hair tangled in knots. She gnawed on her chapped bottom lip as so stared at me, her small frame ridged in the doorway. Everything about her screamed how she must of gone through hell in the past week. And a tiny sadistic part of me was glad, that was until I remembered D'Angelo's words. Adrianna has been tearing herself up over this, she clearly regrets what she said even though she was only trying to look out for me and I should forgive her because I would do the same for her. I would want to protect her just like she tried to protect me. And I love her just like she loves me. I couldn't just end everything for the girl that has been by my side for as long as I could remember. I needed her in my life. I depended on her just as much as she depended on me and I shouldn't throw it away because she was just trying to figure out what is best for me.

From day one I knew being near D'Angelo was playing with fire.

"Kira" she mumbled. Her voice shook, fear underlaying my name.

Without thinking I stepped forward and Adrianna rushed towards me. Her arms wrapping around me and pulling me tight against her. Her body shock against me, like she had the strength to hold me but was also scared I would push her away. Lifting my arms I held her closer to me. Her heart beat raced against me chest before it began to slow down and I felt myself squeezing her in comfort. Her arms tightened before he pulled back slowly. Her big eyes glancing up at me through damp lashes.

"Kira i;m so sorry. I just wanted tot protect you. I-"

I cut her off before she could go on anymore. I didn't care about it all anymore. I knew she was just trying to keep me safe incase anything did happen to D'Angelo, I had just been to blinded to see it from her perspective. And even though it hurt in a way she was right.

"Its okay, we're okay. I should've listened, I knew he was gong to be okay but there was also a chance he wasn't and I should've listened"

A tear leaked from he eye as she gave me a weak smile and pulled me towards her again.

"I thought I'd lost you for good. Nothing has ever happened like this before"

I shook my head, in a way she was right. We'd never fought like this ever. We'd never let a guy come between us but I guess a lot had changed in the last few months. I was in love with D'Angelo, she loved Gino and when in love everything changes. I loved Adrianna she's the sister I never had I'd always be there for her just like I know she would do the same, and I'd only ever want the best for her, but I also only wanted the best for the man I love. And no matter what such feelings were going to get in the way of what I wanted for both people. I need to let all the anger go, forgive her and have her apart of my life. She was the biggest part of me life, aside for D'Angelo and my family and I needed her just like she needed me.