Chapter 16

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16:

"Okay, okay, hold on" Adrianna said as she raised her hands up signaling for me to calm down.

For the last hour an half, we had been in our usual booth at the cafe and I was pouring my heart out to her. She hadn't said a word until my voice started getting thick and tears sprung in my eyes. Her not speaking wasn't normal but I guess Adri understood I needed to let it all out and she was letting me do it.

I wasn't exactly sure why I was so emotional and crying but I did know that I felt hurt and betrayed by my family. I was left feeling so confused about everything. Donavan, D'Angelo, my family, the whole meeting with the mafia, the fact that something had clearly been going on for a while and I had no idea. It was all becoming too much for me. And then my dad yelling at me today. I needed a break.

"Sweetie you need to calm down and breathe before you really cry" she said gently. She knew how much I hated crying especially if it was going to ruin my makeup, I hated runny mascara down my face, it wasn't attractive at all and anyone who thought it was had completely lost their mind. I especially didn't want to cry in the café. Not with peering eyes around us. I probably shouldn't even be having this discussion at the café but it's not like I could go home.

I took a deep breath clamming myself and gently wiped under my eyes checking to see if any mascara had run, thankfully it hadn't.

"Okay now start again and slowly alright" she said. I knew that look she was trying to make me laugh as she pouted at me and widened her eyes to make them big.

I laughed and shook my head at her as I grabbed my latte and took a sip before I spoke again. "They've been keeping something from me and it involves the Calabrese's" I said softly afraid to raise my voice anymore.

"What!" she screeched making me wince and the rest of the customers in the cafe to look at us. Well, the rest that weren't already looking at me while I broke down.

I narrowed my eyes at her and slouched in my seat trying to diverge the attention away.

"Sorry" she said meekly. "If they're hiding something why the hell would your father get mad if you spent the night with D'Angelo, he's the one that introduced you. It's his fault you two even met"

I sighed and ran my finger around the rim of my latte glass. She just had to go and mention D'Angelo. The one man I had been trying to forget about for the past week. The subject of a certain sexy Mafia prince was still sensitive.

"Sorry, but still it's true" she mumbled as she gently patted my hand. I gave her a small smile to reassure her just as the bell on the cafe's front door rang signaling someone had come in.

Usually, I didn't bother to look at who walked into the cafe but when I noticed the black Armani suit my body froze.

You know that saying speak of the devil and he shall appear. Well, it's true.

"Oh. My. God" Adrianna breathed out.

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes scanned up his expensive Armani suit taking in every lean contour of defined muscle the suit displayed. The blood rushing through my body heated as my eyes panned up to his chest taking in the strong pecs that I knew laid underneath and moved up over his broad shoulder up his thick neck and to his strong jawline the was littered with stubble.