Twenty Six

Ashlyn
-

So, since nobody really had the time, or foresight, to get Julie gifts, I decided to send Julie's family, and girlfriend, tickets to the game on Thursday. Of course, I didn't have any of their information, I just brought up the idea to Jill, who did have that information. She sent out all of the tickets in one envelope, and wrote a note saying that the extra ticket was for Alex, as a late birthday surprise for Julie from me.

-

Later, after our lifting session with Dawn, I was headed back to mine and Ali's room from where I went to get some ice because Ali told me to, I walked past Julie and Tobin's door, and stopped when I heard Julie singing inside, I didn't have time to stop to see what was going on, so I continued on, and used my Xbox app to see what she was doing, and saw that she was playing GTA V, Online, and rather than texting her, I messaged her on Xbox Live, because I knew that the notification would come up on screen, and grab her attention, where, if I'd have texted her, she'd have either not heard it, or heard it, looked at the notification, and ignored it when she saw it was a text. A moment later, Julie responds to my message with her own.

Julie: Yeah, it spawned my character in the shower, and I'll sing if it means I get RP for doing nothing.

Me: you're the only person I know who thinks singing into a microphone on a video game is nothing.

Julie: Oh well.

-

The next day, Alex showed Julie something on her phone, and almost immediately, but not really, like, a few minutes in, Julie pauses the video, pulls out her phone, and calls her dad. Asks for Logan's number, and once she has the number, texts him. If it's the Logan I'm thinking of. I go over to her, and she looks up at me as she puts her phone in her pocket.

"What just happened?" I ask, and Julie smirks.

"I'm gonna make an easy 20k in LA." She says, and I raise a brow, so Alex plays part of what she was showing Julie, and I laugh.

"So now you have Logan Paul's number, what are you gonna do with that?"

"I dunno, probably just send him memes or something dumb like that." Julie says, shrugging.

"Wow."

"What?"

"Not what I expected."

"I'm not gonna leak his number. I'm not that girl. I'm out here trying to live life to the fullest, and not make enemies. I'll probably never actually text him, or call him. The only reason I can see me calling his number ever again, is if, like my dad needs to talk to him, and my phone is the closest." Julie says, and I nod.

"So when are you going to get that 20k?" I ask, and she shrugs.

"Before our game in LA."

-

In Denver, before the game, Julie had no idea about her family showing up for the game, so when we were walking into the stadium, and she saw them, her face split into a big, bright smile as she waved to them, but didn't stop, so I asked her what was up when we got in the locker room.

"I want to stay focused on the game. I'll hug them all after the game." She says, and I nod.

-
Alex Brannen
-

When we found our seats before the game, we sat waiting for the teams to come out, and warm up, and when they did, we watched Julie and her teammates warm up, and interact with the fans as they did. Some of them. Julie didn't really do much, besides warm up, and when the game started, Julie started on the field. Up top with Heath and Morgan, because of a last minute thing with Rapinoe, so Jill let Julie take her place. I watched every minute of the game. Morgan scores the first goal in the 14th minute, and fifteen minutes later, an Australian scored, and that was it for the rest of the half. Score wise. I noticed how Australia's 21 was looking at Julie, and I didn't like it. I especially didn't like how Julie wasn't doing anything about it.