Six

A few hours later, everybody was packing up to go somewhere. Dad wanted me to come with him, so I accepted the offer. I was now wearing some black skinny jeans, matching converse, and a grey triblend Hurley shirt, with my Smile More hat, because Chase threw me into the pool after lunch. Luckily my phone and everything weren't on me, I just had to take another shower because I didn't want the pool shock to bleach my hair. Country, John and Chase were coming with dad, Yousef, Yousef's friends and I to the race track, Yousef wanted to drive the GTR, so since I was closer to dad, he tossed the keys to me, because I was between him and our visitor. I got in the driver seat and Yousef climbed in back while dad took the passenger seat.

When we got to the race track, we admired the cars that were there for us to watch race, after a while though, dad and Country got the idea to race their cars. I, of course, wanted to race as well, so dad let me. I mean, I do have a license. So as I pulled up to the starting line, I looked over to see dad behind the wheel of Country's car again, and I saw Yousef coming up to the passenger door of the GTR, so I locked the doors and revved the engine, he jumped and looked at me through the window.

"I fly solo." I say to the man that irks me and he scoffs, he turns to my dad and I close the window because I know he's about to climb in. Dad says something to Yousef and he moves, so I focus on the light, hitting the gas when it turns green, of course, GTR smoked the Jaguar, and I went and parked the car, getting out, dad came over and high fived me.

"That was awesome." He says and I chuckle, shrugging. The rest of the night, I stay out of the car and hang out with the girls that came to the track, because my dad and Chase were in the cars, and females. It was nice to have fellow females I could relate to.

After Yousef was gone, dad had some business with Make-A-Wish, I didn't deal with all of that. Not because I wanted to avoid the kids, but because I was sick. Mom told me to just rest for the two days dad was with the Make-A-Wish kids. I felt so bad about looking like a jerk to those kids, so Monday, when the kids were all here, I crawled out of bed and made myself look a little presentable and went to say hi, mom and dad made it clear that I was sick and didn't want to get anybody sick, everyone understood and Dale escorted me back to my room.

"Now stay in here and rest." He says and I nod, crawling under my blankets and resting until I felt better, which didn't happen until about 7:30 PM the following day. Dad came in to check on me and that startled me awake from my fever induced nap. "Hey." Dad says, smiling softly at me and I give him a sleepy smile in return. "How are you feeling?" He asks and I groan as I stretch.

"I feel better, actually." I sad and dad nods.

"That's good." He says and I nod. "So get a shower and I'll make you something to eat." He says and I do as told, going up to my room when I'm done eating and changing all of my beddings. Just to be sure I won't get sick again. Being sick isn't fun. Especially when it makes you look like a jerk. When I come out of the laundry room, where I had just put my blankets to wash, dad hugs me and I groan into the tight embrace. "I'm glad you're feeling better." Dad says, releasing me and I smile.

"I'm glad, too." I say and he smiles.

-

A little over a month later, on July 17, my new little sister was born, mom and dad were still trying to figure out her name when she came out, eight and a half pounds of cute is what she was, I kept Kane and Noah distracted up stairs with movies until she was out and then I was told to let them come see the baby, Kane and Noah fell for her hard when they saw her, I'm sure they were already wrapped around her finger before today, as was I, but what solidified that was seeing her, actually here, in the world, in Mom's arms. Dad, of course, hugged me and thanked me for keeping the boys occupied before pulling out the vlog camera to let all the Roman Soldiers that Little Princess finally graced us with her presence.