Twenty Five

When we get to the hotel, I'm roomed with Tobin, so we had a fairly easy time picking beds, she wanted the bed closest to the door, and I wanted the bed closest to the window. As we were getting settled, though, I pulled out my Xbox, and Tobin looked at me.

"What?" I ask, and she raises a brow. "I was playing this last night, so I packed it up before going to bed. I wanted to play on an actual console." I say, and Tobin scoffs.

"Rude." She says, and I shrug.

"Well, I think it's rude that you only own a Switch." I say, and she goes to respond, but I raise a brow.

"Shut up." She says, throwing a shirt at me, and I catch it.

"This is mine now." I say, holding up the shirt.

"What? No! That's my favorite shirt!" She exclaims, and I shrug as I leave the room with the shirt in my hand. As I walk down the hall, I bump into Mal, who questions the shirt.

"Take it from me, hide it from everyone but yourself, and ask no questions." I say, and she raises a brow, but after a moment, nods.

"Yeah, okay." She says, and I nod.

"You're the best." I say before heading in the direction of the room my Floridan mothers are sharing. When I get to their door, I knock when I hear a quiet conversation on the other side of the door, and when the door opens, Ali smiles at me.

"Ash, it's your breasted son." Ali says stepping aside to let me in, and I chuckle.

"Breasted son?" I ask Ashlyn, who gets up from where she was lazily sprawled across a bed.

"Long story." She says, and I nod. "What's up?"

"Tobin and I had a difference in consoles, so I left to hide her shirt from her after she threw it at me. I came in here because I heard Tobin following me, and I want her to think you guys have it. Could you guys play along?" 

"We got you." Ash says, and I thank her. We spend a few minutes just talking before I decide to go back to mine and Tobin's room, where she's sitting on her bed, pouting.

"Did you try to follow me to see where I hid the shirt?" I ask, and Tobin huffs.

"Yes." She says, and I chuckle.

"And?"

"I figured you'd hand it off to Christen."

"Why would I give your shirt to your girlfriend?" I ask, and Tobin looks at me. "You aren't as slick as you guys think you are."

"Who'd you give it to?" She asks, and I shrug.

"I dunno, who did I give it to?" I ask as I drop myself on my bed.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"You're right."

-
Tobin
-

On the 27th, after Julie had gone to our room to get ready for bed after dinner, Jill called a team meeting for everyone but Julie. It was literally just to let everyone know that little Jatwood was turning 18 tomorrow, so after we'd been dismissed, the group of us that she actually talks to, which was everyone but the most recent call ups, Ali not included in that because she's Ali, gather, and make a plan for the birthday girl tomorrow. In the morning, I was to kick it off with a little bit of revenge for stealing my shirt. Nothing nasty, just yelling at her to wake her up. Megan suggested a strip club for later in the day, but nobody but Ashlyn went for it, and Ashlyn got a smack in the chest from Ali, so no strip club for Julie.