Wayside

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had cut my hair about an hour ago. I like it this way. I combed it out this morning and washed it. It was kinda hot today. I walked out my room, going into the kitchen and taking out a popsicle. Turning on the TV, I jumped on the couch, thinking of how Yuki"s hair must've grew out.....I wonder if she'll be mad I cut it...

I heard the door open, and out came Zero and Cross , looking at me, surprised.

"Your hair..."they both said.

"Like it? It's all curly now."I smiled, playing with it.

"Uh....well...it looks nice."

"Thanks." I smiled, getting another ice cream bar.

~

So, Zero and I went the store, getting supplies for the 'dinner'. Yeah, vampires eat food to survive...

"Fhoooo..."I sighed, looking up at Zero. He looked at me before turning away?

...eh..?

"Zero?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

"Its..just......the hair suits you...." he said.

...is that...a blush?

Wait!

"You okay, Zero?"

"Yeah..."he sighed. ".......Aren't you happy to see Yuki"

"........well.. ..I don't know......"I admit. I looked to then notice a cotton candy machine. Running over with Zero in arm, I ordered two.

"Two please! Blue aaand blue!"

"I don't want one-"

"Too bad. You need to develop a sweet tooth."I then realized what I said. "...sorry."

He parted my head. "Mmh...its fine." he said, trying out the candy. "...not bad....Let's head back."he said.

~

"Headmaster?" I called out, setting the stuff on the table.

"Guess he's gone.....though I did see a black car near the school....."Zero said, his face stoic. But I knew better, he was probably crying tears of joy inside.

"I'm back~" we heard a familiar voice say. I almost choked on my candy as Zero grew a miserable look on his face.

"No..."Zero grimaced.

"We finally had some peace...."

"I went to help our guests!"headmaster smiled. Guests...? Oh no......!

I felt my heart inside me chest, pounding like a drum. The candy stood in front of my lips, and I hoped it would hide my trembling lips.

"Welcome back." Headmaster said.

"Hello......"they said.

I noticed the change. Yuki felt...different. Her hair was long and curly, she looked beautiful in her dress.....Kaname as well. Zero glared ahead, moving closer to me. I slowly put my fingers up, doing the peace sign, the candy hiding a part of my idiot grin as I said:

"Hey."

THE ENCOUNTER!! HOW WILL IT GO?! WILL ZERO AND THE KURANS GO AT IT? WILL RIN FOND OUT WHO SHE IS? ALL OF THIS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!