Speak

It was summertime, and the only people here were us three and some kids who either decided to stay or their family is late to get them.

Run!!!

My breathing was harsh, and I was so tired. I looked behind me to see if he was still chasing me.

Nope! Good i-

I suddenly bumped into something... or someone.

They very person I was running from.

"H-Hey Zero..."

"Rin...."

See, this morning, I accidentally made Zero's hair pink.....I switched his shampoo with pink paint.....and now his hair is pink.......he found out it was me because I laughed when he came out the bathroom and said "IT WORKED!!!" while eating gummy bears. He's been all gloomy since Yuki left, and I wanted to change that.

I tried to hold back the enormous grin that was on my face, but it was no use....

"HA! I can't!! YOU LOOK LIKE A BOTTLE OF PEPTO!! DUDE YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BE A CLOWN AND NAME YOURSELF PINKIE!!!"

He only glared harder, which was a 'RUN!' In my mind. So I did. I made it outside, until he grabbed my shirt.

"Rin...."he growled.

"Eheheh.....errr .....hey...Pinkie?"

"How do you get this off...?!"

"Alright alright...pssh, I would've been happier if I were you. The pink brings out your eyes."I said, pointing at his purple eye grapes. He dragged me upstairs as we went back inside, and closed back the door.

"Zero....?" Headmaster asked.

"Nope! Pinkie!" I corrected. He stiffled a laugh as Zero went over and started pulling his ponytail. Laughing, I got the soap and towel. It should be easy to wash out.

"C'mon Zero, leave the poor man alone."I said, turning on the water in the sink.

"Is it coming out?"he asked.

"Yeah. See? You didn't have to chase me~"

"You dyed my hair pink........why wouldn't I do that?" He growled. I smiled, watching the pink fall off his hair.

"Rin."

"Hmmm?"I asked. "Oh, and if this doesn't come out, we'll name Zero strawberry." I told him. He smiled, but it slowly faded.

"Yuki and Kaname are coming over tomorrow."

I froze, feeling Zero tense up.

"....oh. Well. That's great. It'd be nice to see them again."I said, washing the rest of the pink out.

My hands shook as I gave Zero the towel. He took it, walking to his room and locking the door. I walked out the kitchen, going into my room.

"Rin...."

"I'm gonna go put back his shampoo. Before he turns pink again." I said, walking away.

~

I held the pillow closer to my chest. This really scared me. My heart was pounding like crazy. I couldn't sleep. And it was around 12.... I thought about the time I found out about Yuki......

It was when I woke up, she was gone, and I overheard Zero and the headmaster talking.

"Kaname is Yuki's brother??!!" Zero yelled.

"....Yuki is a pure blood like him...she never knew. Neither does Rin."headmaster said.

"And you knew this entire time-" Zero began, until I opened the door.

"Yuki is....a vampire....?!"

"Rin-"

I ran into Yuki's room, seeing the window open and her gone.

"Yuki!!! Yuki!!!" I called.

"Where are you, Zero is telling lies on you!" I tried smiling. I looked and looked. But she was gone.

"Rin!"

"Why are you lying! She didn't leave me...."I cried. "She wouldn't...." he sat next to me, holding me as I cried.

I felt like I was doing something wrong. My parents probably left me, and Yuki had been there before anyone, really. And then she left. I wonder why they're coming back. A small part of me hopes it's for me....but another part of me knows better.