Chapter 15 - Numb

WARNING GRAFIC CONTENT AHEAD
WARNING DEPRESSING CONTENT AHEAD
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I felt nothing, my regret was gone. My happiness was gone. My love was gone. I was gone. My thoughts were consuming me. What happened to me? But a bigger question I had running through my head. Is Eros as broken, as numb as me? And is he okay? The only thing holding my life to this world at this moment..Is him. But which him?

    I love Eros, but I loved Jake too. Eros must have sent out a search party for me because my train of thought stopped as I heard a branch snap. I was surprised at who it was because it was Jake. I stood up and just started to ball my eyes out. Then as if Eros never happened he hugged me, he got within a foot of me. I looked up into Jakes lovely eyes and then he kissed me. It was the most passionate kiss Jake has ever giving me. Then after a couple seconds he looked at me and spoke.

    "Kyra, I love you with all my heart and soul, not only cause I mated you but because I fell for you the real way. But I must go and tell Eros to come get you, his orders said not to get near you but I guess I failed that one". He said with that smile.

    "Wait!" I said but he was gone in an instant. I started to cry again, but when I closed my eyes and opened them again Jake was in front of me with Eros. But instead of Eros coming to me. He was shifting and Jake was too. Then Eros jumped onto Jake and snapped his neck, just like that. Jake was gone.

    I screamed at Eros, "EROS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

    "The best thing in my life." He replied.

    "I FUCKING HATE YOU" I scream at him.

    "GOOD I NEVER LOVED YOU ANYWAY YOU MUTT!" He yells back.

    At that moment something, someone overcame me. Eros was gone. Jakes body wasn't on the ground. What was on the ground in front of me was two things.

    A rope.

    And a shard of glass from the window.

    I inch towards them and pick them up. I knew what I wanted to do, I know it would just hurt them both more. But in my head Jake was gone and Eros was the killer of his own pack member. No one will ever love me. No one cares if your gone. These thoughts just made my body move and do the unspeakable. I tie the rope, going up and twirling it around then going through those and then just pulled tight. I tied the other end of the rope to a big rock. Thanks to my strength I can pick it up. With the glass in hand I throw the rock over a tree branch and it brings my body up into the air. There I hang in the middle of a forest slowing my heart from the lack of oxygen. I'm not done yet. I take the glass shard and make two lines on each wrist. One horizontal and one vertical. I feel myself fading. I feel my blood oozing out onto the forest floor. I finally felt, again.