Chapter 1 - The Run Begins

I awake to being in a truck, full of the females that we going to be a part of the run. Everyone was sleeping except for me. I was still shifted as was every female in the truck. There are quite a few males inside the truck, but of course they didn't have to be in cage. One male came up to my cage eyeing me.

    "What are you looking at!" I growled at him lightly.

    "I'm looking at a pretty she-wolf." He said with a smirk on his face.

    "Well stop, cause your not going to mate with me." I said snapping at the bars. The bars didn't burn me thanks to my thick white fur.

    "Who said I wanted to do that little wolf." He said.

    "Just judging by the situation." I said and I turned away from him.

    "I won't mate you without your permission." He said as he walked away.

...

    I feel the truck come to a stop, I stand up getting ready to dash out of here and get as far away from these males as possible. The door opens and the males start taking the cages out of the truck. The same male as before came up to my cage again.

    "You again?" I utter under my breath.

    "Yes, I am here to take your cage out for the run." He said with a smirk on his face. "You know you smell really good right now."

    "Thanks male, but don't get any ideas." I say sitting up in the cage.

    He lifts my cage all by himself with no struggle. My inner wolf is going crazy right now. All I can here is OoOo he's cute and strong. Then after that. Mate! Mate! Mate! Ugh! No I tell my inner wolf. He sets my cage down on the hard ground. I see the forest in-front of me. Perfect an environment that I have no clue how to survive in. Please understand my sarcasm. Once all of the females cages were out of the truck you could here the males starting the countdown.

    3.....2.....1.... GO!....

    They lifted up all of the doors on our cages and I was off. I ran straight into the woods dodging around trees. I was not completely not used to the forest environment, but I have never really liked it either. I was park of the North Tundra Pack. If you have not already guessed it I'm from the tundra. In the summer it's basically like a plains, it becomes nice but not ever above 60° f. Anything above that and us tundra wolves are just sweating! There were some little bunches of trees here and there, but not a whole forest worth. In the winter it is just covered in snow so if snow tries to get in my way it will not affect me one bit. Sooo... anyway I have no clue what I'm doing in this place.

    My wolf wants me to not run far, just be slow and be very easy to find. I don't listen. I keep running deeper into the woods. After I ran for I'd say about an hour, I went and sniffed the air to see if there was any water nearby. My heat was starting to become so unbearable that I looked like a pup that was crawling across the floor. I knew the only thing that would cure my pain is a male. I could smell a stream nearby. I went to it and went right in. It felt so good to just relax in the water. Then a clear liquid started to drip from me. It made my heat smell stronger so a male could find me easily.

    It was going downstream though so if anything it would just make them go farther away from me. After awhile the pain had calmed down a little bit so I decided to continue on walking upstream. Yes the current is against me, but it continues my scent downstream away from me. It was almost dawn and I haven't seen a single male yet. Not jinxing it please. I was tired from the walk upstream so I found a little crack between two big rocks and settled down there. I decided to sleep shifted so if a male came along I could be ready to fight. I laid my head in between my paws and fell asleep.