Confusing Truth

"Mike! You aren't going to believe this!" Macey exclaimed as I walked in the door.

She had rings around her eyes. How late did she stay up? Did she even sleep?!

"What is it?" I asked.

She gave me another printout of another newspaper article. I took a look at it.

"It was printed a month after the last one I showed you," she explained.

I then read the story:

"Local Pizzeria Said to Close By Year's End."

"After a long struggle to stay in business after the tragedy that struck there many years ago, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza has announced that it will close by the year's end. Despite a year-long search for a buyer, companies seem unwilling to be associated with the company.

'These characters will live on. In the hearts of children, these characters will live on."

-CEO"

I just started at the article and looked up at Macey.

"I'll be damned!" I said with a chuckle. "I guess that's one prayer answered!"

"No, Mike... You clearly didn't read everything..."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at the date."

I then looked at the date on the article.

"I see it. It says August 15.......1997?!"

"I checked all the articles. They were all from that year!"

"That doesn't make sense! I mean... shouldn't it be closed by now?!"

"I don't know, Mike... But I'm worried. Something's definitely not right here!"

I then thought about this for a second. If this place was supposed to be closed 17 years ago for sanitation and business problems, how has nobody noticed that it's still open?!

"Mike... We need to call someone!"

"Who? The cops? And tell them what?"

"That Freddy Fazbear's Pizza is still open! That's gotta break some sort of code!"

"They'd never believe us," I replied. "It would just be better to fix this ourselves."

"HOW?!"

"I... honestly don't know yet... But I'm sure I'll have something in mind tonight!"

"Tonight...?"

"I still have a job, you know. A job that I can't leave unless I want to be sued."

"Forget about being sued! This is more important!"

"Macey... Don't worry. I have an idea."

I then explained everything I was thinking. She looked sickened, but then confused.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied. "I'm sure."

She then looked like she was going to cry again. I hugged her tightly.

"Let's just get some sleep," I told her. "We could both use it."

She quietly agreed and went to her bedroom, and I went to mine. I had no idea if I was right, but it would be worth it if I was.