Night 3

As I sat in the office to wait for my third night to start, I realized I wasn't as nervous this time. I realized I knew what was coming. I realized I had nothing much to worry about.

When I first arrived, the manager gave another quick nod and left. He must be really scared to say anything to me, not that I blame him. I may have been a little rough on him, but what he did wasn't fair!

The clock rung 12. I deeply breathed. I'd be fine. I knew I would be.

The phone rang again. It was to be expected at this point. I picked it up.

"Hey," I spoke into the receiver.

"Uhh, hello?" The Phone Guy replied. "Hey, you're doing great! Most people don’t last this long!"

I froze with fear.

"I mean, you know, they usually move on to other things by now," he quickly corrected. "I'm not implying that they died, that’s not what I meant."

"Of course not," I replied confidently, but then thought of that stupid contract and there was no way they could move on to 'other things'...

"Anyway, I better not take up too much of your time," he continued. "Things start getting real tonight."

What the hell was THAT supposed to mean?!

"Hey, listen, I had an idea," he then said. "If you happen to get caught and want to avoid getting stuffed into a Freddy suit...try playing dead! You know, go limp."

I was really confused as to what that meant, but then he kept explaining.

"Then there's a chance that maybe they’ll think you're an empty costume instead."

I had to admit, that was strange, but it seemed smart!

"Then again, if they think you are an empty costume, they might want to... stuff a metal skeleton into you," he then suddenly told me. "I wonder how that would work."

I then was freaked at the thought. There were 2 possible ways of putting an endoskeleton into me, and neither would feel pretty.

"Yeah, never mind, scratch that. It's best just not to get caught," he concluded.

I appreciate this guy's attempt to make me feel better, but he's not doing a good job at it.

"Uhm ok, I'll leave you to it," he finished. "See you on the flip side!"

Before I could reply, he hung up. I somehow felt more nervous. What did he mean when he said things would get real tonight?!

But I had no time to figure it out. I looked at the stage via the camera and saw Bonnie was already off stage! After finding him backstage, I checked on Pirate Cove and found the curtains closed. So far everything seemed alright.

Time seemed to pass quickly as I kept flipping through the cameras, keeping an eye on everyone. Bonnie and Chica were both moving now, Foxy's head was sticking out of the curtain, and Freddy was suddenly staring at me on stage! It was the first time Freddy showed signs of moving since I started working!

By the time it was 3 am, my power had dropped to 48%. As long as I used as little power as possible, I'd be fine.

I kept checking my blind spots often to make sure nobody was nearby and ready to kill me. I didn't fully believe they'd do much harm to me, but I couldn't risk it.

Finally, at 4 am, I checked Pirate Cove and discovered the curtain was wide open and Foxy was gone again! I immediately shut the left door again and pulled up my screen. I checked the hallway outside the door and found Foxy sprinting down the hallway again! When he got outside my door, he banged on it a few times before stopping and leaving.

I deeply exhaled and opened the door again. Suddenly, I heard a deep and creepy laugh echo throughout the building. I then pulled up the screen and my heart started pounding; Freddy wasn't on the stage!

I checked the dining area and at first didn't see anything, but a close look at the screen showed two small white lights in a dark corner of the room! I then remembered The Phone Guy telling me Freddy becomes a lot more active in the dark...

I then kept checking where everyone was. Foxy was still behind the curtain, Bonnie was in the supply closet, Chica was in the right hallway, and Freddy was still in the dining area.

Soon, it was 5 am. Freddy was still in the dining area, Foxy was barely peeking out of the curtain, and Bonnie and Chica were still wandering around. Occasionally, I had to shut the doors, but my power was alright.

However, I took a glance at the remaining power and saw it was 14%! I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to make it!

Suddenly, I heard the deep, spooky laugh again! I opened the screen and saw Freddy was no longer in the dining area! I flipped through and found him in the restrooms with, again, white lights in a dark area.

Soon, I looked at my power supply. It was at 3% and it was 5:56. A miracle from God himself would let me make it.

I checked the screens again and saw everyone hadn't moved, which was good.

Finally, my power was at 1%. It was 5:59. I felt confident, yet scared. I decided to stop using the camera and lights. It was risky, but it was worth it.

Finally, the clock rang 6! I opened the camera with the last of my shift's power and saw everyone go back to their place. I then realized that if nothing else changed at this point, I would be OK.

I still felt like some things about this place were a bit off. I'd need to do more research about the place to find out more.