Night 1

I sat in the office. It was eerily quiet. The only real noise was coming from the electric fan on the desk.

I turned on the screen in front of me and was greeted with a view of the 3 robotic characters on the stage, only now there was no light anywhere. They looked creepier than they ever have.

To the bottom right of the screen was what looked like a layout of the building. It also appeared to be touch screen. I tapped on one of the other boxes and the screen changed to another room. This one appeared to be backstage, where lots of spare animal costumes could be found.

I caught a glimpse of a small screen to the left of the desk. It displayed a giant 99%, as well as 2 green bars. I turned the cameras off and suddenly there was only 1 bar. I realized this must be my power supply reader.

Suddenly, the phone on my desk rang and I nearly jumped out of my seat! After my heart started calming again, I picked up the receiver.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello?" The voice on the other end replied.

It sounded static-y but I could tell it was a man.

"Oh, hey! You must be the new guy."

"Yeah, that's me," I replied.

"Well, I'm here to get you settled in for your first week," he explained. "I used to work in that office before you. I'm actually finishing my last week now, as a matter of fact!"

"Oh," I replied.

I really didn't know what else to say.

"So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about; you'll be fine, so let's just focus on getting you through your first night, okay?"

"Alright."

"Let's see... There's this introductory greeting from the company I'm supposed to read. It's kind of a legal thing, you know?"

"Of course."

"Ok, uh... Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a magical place for grown-ups and kids alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person."

That seemed normal legal procedure.

"Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing persons report will be filed within 90 days or as soon as property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, carpets replaced, blah blah blah."

That did NOT seem like normal legal procedure! I thought back to what Macey said, that maybe they're just planning for the worst.

"Now, that might sound bad, I know," he continued, "but there's really nothing to worry about!"

I kinda wanted to believe him.

"Now, the animatronic characters here do tend to get a bit...quirky at night."

"Quirky?" I asked.

"Yeah, but do I blame them? No! If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for 20 years and I never got a break, I'd probably get a bit irritable at night, too."

I guess he had a point.

"So remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children, so we need to show them some respect. Okay?"

"Okay."

"So just be aware," he then said in a serous tone, "these characters do tend to... wander a bit."