Chapter Twenty Three

Brandy's P.O.V.

I woke up to my phone constantly going off. I opened my eyes and looked at it.

"Ugh. Leave me alone." I tell as I chuck my phone on the floor.

"What's going on?" Cyndy mumbled.

"Zacky keeps calling me." I say.

Suddenly, Cyndy's phone rang. She looked at it and threw it in the floor.

"Syn?" I asked.

"Yep." She yawned.

"Let's get up. It's like 5." I say as I stretched.

Cyndy and I slowly got out of bed and made our way to the living room. My weather radio began to go off and an announcement came on.

"Residents of the Tampa Bay Area, please evacuate your homes immediately and safely. Hurricane Mike is predicted to make landfall late tonight and early tomorrow morning. If you can't evacuate then find a safe place to be inside your home. Remember, a category 4 hurricane can cause a lot of destruction." The announcement said.

I looked at Cyndy with wide eyes.

"We need to evacuate." She said.

"We can't." I say.

"Why not?" She said.

"There will be no way we will make it out in time. There's only a hand full of evacuation routes. We have to wait out this storm." I sighed.

"God dammit. We should get supplies together and start charging our stuff." Cyndy suggested.

"You're right. Lets do it." I say.

We got a bunch of supplies together for when the storm hits. We lit a bunch of candles for when the power goes out. We were charging our phones and we packed up some important things.

By the time we got everything ready, it was pushing 11pm. The storm was now predicted to hit around 4am. Cyndy and I sat on the couch and waited for the storm. We stayed off our phones to preserve battery.

We stayed up and just like predicted, the storm made landfall. The wind picked up to high speeds and the rain was loud. Quickly, our power went out. Luckily, we had the candles lit. Cyndy and I took our bags of supplies, and our phones into the master bathroom. We got into the bathtub, and pulled a mattress over us.

Things got loud and I could hear the roofing being ripped off. I heard glass breaking and I held Cyndy close. We were shaking and trembling, we were so scared. We've never been through a hurricane.

The storm lasted for hours, until it finally passed. Cyndy and I took the mattress off and got out of the bathtub. There was water everywhere, there was broken glass. The sun was up and we made our way outside. We looked at our neighborhood and it didn't look the same.

Cyndy and I had decided to try and go find somewhere with power. We got in the car and drive around. We found a McDonald's that wasn't damaged an was open. Cyndy and I went inside and sat in the corner near a plug. I plugged up my phone an saw I had over 20 missed calls, all from Zacky.

"I'm calling Zacky." I say.

"I'm calling Brian. He called me so many times throughout the night. He must be worried." She explained.

"Same here." I say.

I dialed up Zacky's number and the phone rang.

"Hello?" Zacky answered.

"Zacky." I say.

"God, I'm so happy to hear your voice. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Cyndy's fine. Our house isn't so fine, but that's okay." I explain.

"That's good. Did you evacuate?" He asked.

"No. We couldn't, we woke up too late to evacuate. We wouldn't of made it in time. So we stayed home and rode out the storm." I explained.

"I'm glad you're okay. I was worried sick. I have news for you." Zacky said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I'm getting a divorce. I made the wrong choice losing you." He said.

"Zacky, are you serious?" I ask.

"Yes. Brandy, I want to be with you. The divorce will be finalized in a couple days." He explained.

"Zacky, I want to be with you too." I say.

"Please come back to California." He asked.

"I don't have the money." I say sadly.

"I'll buy your flight. You'll be on one of the afternoon flights." He said.

"Where will I stay?" I ask.

"With me in my house. Meghan moved out, and I get the house." He explained.

"Okay. What about Cyndy?" I ask.

"Syn's getting a divorce too. If she's calling him, he's saying the same thing to her as I am you." He said.

"Okay. I guess ill see you soon. Text me the ticket details." I say happily.

"I will. And Brandy?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I say.

I hung up the phone and went over to Cyndy. She had the same smile as I did. We told each other the news, and hurried home to get packed. We were excited that things were looking up now.