Killing the Devil

I looked over at Sophie and Jake. Sophie was on all fours and Jake had his arms around her, hugging her. Both where balling.
"I'll help you." I said.
"Yes.... he has hurt you too." Said Jake.
I suddenly thought of something.
"Wait.... she was killed... wouldn't she be in the cave on the mainland!?"
"No. Because she was born here. She didn't die and choose to come here. She is gone." Explained Jake.
"Oh."
"Take me to her. We must bury her." Said Sophie struggling to her feet. So I did. I lead them down the beach and when we got there fresh tears fell. Jake clambered up the tree and pulled down his child. Slowly shutting her eyes. We walked into the bush and found a big oak tree. Jake lay Rosey down while all three of us dug a hole with our hands. When it was big enough we placed her in the hole and covered her. Jake carved her a grave stone and placed it on top.
Rosey
Loved daughter
Beautiful soul.
Was what it read.
I didn't know her. I just buried a child who died because of me. And I didn't even know her.
"I....I'm sorry. I'll leave. I don't want either of you to get hurt." I whispered.
"No. He hurt you too. He just took from us the person we loved the most. And if you leave... he will hurt you too." Said Sophie, passionately.
"But... I don't want to cause either of you to get hurt!" I cry.
"We don't care if we get hurt. We just want to avenge our little girl." She whispered.
I looked up at her. Tears streaked her face. I grabbed her hand and pulled her down into a hug.

When we got back to the camp we started planning our attack.
"We have two things he wants. Ember and the device. He wouldn't leave without at least one of those things so he is probably still on this island waiting to strike." Explained Jake. "So we need to bait him. I don't really want to leave the device alone so Ember, I'm sorry to ask, but if yo..."
"I'll do it. I'll bait him" I interrupted before he could finish.
"Thank you, Ember." He said sincerely.
"Are you sure, Ember? I don't want to make you do anything you don't feel comfortable with." Sophie asked. I nodded.
"We will be watching you and if anything's starts going wrong we'll intervene straight away." Promised Jake.
I smiled slightly. We finished planning and put our plan into motion.
I would walk around the island until he showed himself. As long as he didn't touch me he couldn't do anything to me.

After about 20 minute I felt someone watching me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end but when ever I looked no one was there. I knew he was hiding somewhere. I knew he was following me. But I couldn't let him know that I knew. So I kept walking. I walked until I reached the tree. The base of the tree was stained with blood. Rosie's blood. My fists tightened and tears threatened to fall. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"I had to do it." It was him.
"You didn't have to do anything. You could have just let me go."
"But why would I do that when I love you! I can't just let love die!" His hand brushed the hair off my neck and the breathed into my ear. My hair prickled on the back of my neck.
"And I know you love me too." He breathed.
I shuddered and stepped away. "Killing that girl is a great way to make me hate you more."
"She was just a plain little kid! I don't even know why you liked such an obnoxious piece of trash like her." I grumbled.
I turned on him. "What the fuck did you just say? You monster!"
He blinked at me. "What? Why are you getting so riled up about some dumb kid?"
"That little girl had a family! She had a life and you took it away! YOU TOOK HER AWAY!!" I screamed.
"BECAUSE SHE WAS IN MY WAY!!!"
Just as I was about to respond I hear a scream from behind me. And then Jake and Sophie are beside me with knives in hand. They started running for Lucy....