The door at the end of the hall

When I woke up I was still wrapped up in Lucy's arms. I could get used to this. Waking up in his warm strong arms. I blink sleep out of my eyes and groan as I sat up. Lucy rolls over anddddddd..... off the bed.
"Oooof" I hear him shout as he hits the floor. I lean over the bed looking at him with concern. He sat up and rubbed his temple.
"I think I'm gonna get a bruise" he said frowning.
I laugh and stumble off the bed. I reach down and help him to his feet.
"Anyway. Morning." He said. He leans in and wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me toward him. I giggle and look up into his big dark eyes. He looks down at me and places one hand underneath my chin as he leans down and kisses me gently on the mouth. After a moment he draws back and whispers "I'm going to make breakfast."
I smile at him as he opens the door and exits. I sigh and go change.

Today I decided to go vintage style. I wore a knee length sunny yellow skirt and a lacy white blouse with blue frills. When I leave my room and step into the hall I look down the hall. At the door I haven't entered. Breakfast wouldn't be ready yet. I thought. So I walked toward it. Like the last time I tried, it was locked. So I pulled out the bobby pins in my hair. Good thing about being a scout for the first 13 years of your life, you learn how to pick locks. I leaned down and inserted the first pin in then underneath the second one and moved the second one up and down until I heard the pop of the lock. I stood up and pushed the door open and the moment I did I regretted it. Inside was a dark room like a church. Small arched windows lined the walls. It stank like the dead. Which would make sense since the room was empty except the hundreds of dead bodies dangling from ropes from the ceiling. Thousands of people.

All ages

All ages. Children. Grandmas. I take a step back and cover my mouth with my hand to stifle a scream. I took another step back and collide with a warm solid object. I whirl around to see Lucy glaring at me.
"I said don't go in there." He growled. I stepped back from him then changed my mind. I didn't want to go near the bodies.
"I...I didn't....know...." I stutter. I'm out of breath.
"Yes but you went against my wishes. I thought you were different. Maybe we could have built a life together."
"What is that?" I askEd. Gesturing to the room behind us.
"People used to come to Hell all the time you know. But I didn't like any of them. Until you came. I like you, Ember."
"So you killed them all and hung them from the roof?!" I started raising my voice. Lucy looked at the floor. "The stories are right! The devil is evil and can't ever be good" I narrowed my eyes at him and stepped toward the hall around him. He turned with me so his back was to the room.
"I'm sorry. But they were all bad people. But you... you are not evil. You are good and that's what I need! Someone good!" He started sounding desperate.
"N..no. I can't do....this. You killed children!"
"They were already dead, Ember!"
I started to back away shaking my head. He took a step toward me. I raised my hands. "No stay away from me. Don't kill me and hang me from the ceiling too. Please" I felt tears sting behind my eyes and begged them not to fall. I turned and ran. Ran through the kitchen and out the front door. I didn't know here I was going until I got to the entrance of a cave. The cave. The library. I could hide in there. It was huge. He couldn't find me there. So I ran in. When I enter red the library I climbed flight after flight of stairs and ran down isle after isle of books. When I stopped to catch my breath I heard him calling my name. It was distant. That was good.
"Ember. I won't hurt you! We can still work this out! You don't have to hide. We can live together and forget about the bodies. I can throw them away if you really want me too."
I heard him start up the steps, still taking. I pressed my back against a pile of books hidden from the stairs. Praying to.... well, God! That he wouldn't find me.
"Emberrrrr. I .... I think I love you. And I... I think you love me! I could feel your heart racing when we fell asleep together last night. I could feel it when you kissed me this morning. Please come out!"
My heart stung. I closed my eyes as silent tears slid down my face.  I heard him reach the top platform. He was close, so close. I heard him walk in my direction. My heart was beating so hard I was scared he could hear it. He turned the corner and saw me. He smiled. Not the nice smile I fell in love with but a maniacal smile, an evil smile. I started panting.
"There you are..." He purred. He walked over to me. Closing the gap between us. There was no where I could run. I was trapped.....