The BIG Night

The Beast and Goku were inside, getting ready got tonight. The beast planned on wooing Goku, or at least try. 

The candelabra hopped in excitement, "Tonight's the night!" He grinned, shaking eagerly. 

The prince shook his head, "I'm not sure I can do this..." He stated hesitantly. 

"You don't have time to be timid! You must be bold, daring!" Kuririn assured. 

The beast nodded, getting out of the tub. "Bold.. Daring.." He repeated. 

"Yes. There will be music, romantic candlelight, provided my self, and when the time is right you confess your love!" The candle stick stated easily. 

The beast repeated the words before taking in a deep breath, "Yes I-I can... No, I can't!" He sighed, nervous. 

Kuririn huffed, "You care for the guy, don't you?"

The prince looked at the object, "More than anything." 

"Then you must tell him!"

The coat rack came over with scissors, cutting his hair and overall doing his hair. When done, it showed a mirror to it's master, "Voila! You look so..! So..?"

"Stupid..." The man muttered, staring at the pigtail and bow mess of his hair style. 

Kuririn shook his head, "Not quite the word I was looking for. A little of the top." 

Coat rack nodded, getting to work as Piccolo walks in. He gestured back, "Your man awaits."

• • •

The young male to started walking down the grand staircase. He was wearing a glittering gold tuxedo. He reached half way to bottom of the steps and looks up at the prince, who resided at the top. A little nudge from Kuririn and the creature started going down to the landing to meet his partner. Hooking arms with his dance partner, the two walk down the rest of the stairs together and head to the dining room to feast. 

Buruma sighed in content, smiling, "Tale as old as time, true as it can be, barely even friends, and somebody bends unexpectedly. A little change, small to say the least, both a little scared, neither one prepared beauty and the beast."

The two finish up and get to open floor of the ballroom. Hand in hand, face to face and in dance position. They started dancing in sequence. 

"Ever just the same, ever a surprise, ever as before, ever just as sure, as the sun will rise, certain as the sun rises in the east, takes as old as time, tune as old as song, bittersweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong. Certain as the sun, rising in the east, tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast.

Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast."

Buruma turned to Goten, "Off to the cupboard with you now, it's past your bed time. Good night love." Goten poured, but obeyed. Taking a quick glance at the two dancers that now headed to the balcony. 

° ° °

The prince looked at young man, "...Goku? Are you happy here with me...?"

Goku gulped, hesitantly responding with a "Yes" Before looking off to the distance. 

"What is it..?" He asked, browse furrowed in concern. 

Goku frowned, "If only I could see my grandfather again just for a moment, I miss him so much.."

The prince frowned, but it quickly turned to a smile as he came up with an idea. "There is a way.' He grabbed Goku's hand and lead him to his lair and pulled out the magic mirror. 

"This mirror... Will show you anything, anything you wish to see."

Goku handled it with care, but looked unsure. "I'd like to see my grandfather, please."

It flashed and revealed an old man, lost in the forest, coughing terribly. The prince frowned as Goku is shocked. 

"Grandpa! Oh no!  H-he's sick, he may be dying! A-abd he's all alone.." Goku stated, dejected. 

The beastly Royal looked at the rose and sighed, "Then you must go to him."

Goku immediately turned to him, "Wh-what did you say..?"

"I release you, you are no longer my prisoner.."

"Y-you mean I'm free...?" Goku blinked. 

He nodded, "Yes."

Goku wanted to cry, "O-oh thank you!" He looked at his grandfather in the vanity  , "Hold on Grandpa! I'm on my way!" He gave the mirror back, but the prince stopped him. 

"Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back and remember me..." The man smiled. 

Goku nodded, "Th-thank you for understanding how much he needs me!" He said before turning and running out, but before doing so he placed a reassuring hand on beast's cheek before going. He past Piccolo as the clock waltzed in. 

"Well, your highness, I must say everything is going just peachy, I knew you had it in you!" 

The prince looked down, responding. "I let him go..." He stated, sorrow filling his chest.