The Fight

Kimberly POV

I felt floored. I had just talked! Rebecca looked relieved and mad at the same time. I tried to say something else, but it didn't work.

I sighed, and a bit of noise came out. I smiled, at least I could make some noise! Miranda tossed Rebecca a weird look and Rebecca ignored her.

I realized that I had forgotten my white board! I grabbed my phone and texted Miranda. It's getting kinda late, they should be home soon, do you want to sleep over?

"Sure! Thanks." Miranda said, faking cheerfulness. I could still tell she was nervous about Rebecca. I shrugged and walked out, Miranda following me.

"I was just trying to give her a compliment! I wasn't trying to make her mad!" I just shrugged at her comments, nobody understood Rebecca anymore.

Miranda fell silent as we reached the couch. My two brothers smiled at me and I waved. I grabbed my white board off the floor and a marker. Hey, guys! They smiled at me.

"Hey! How's it going Kimmy?" Neil asked, I grinned at my childhood nickname. I shrugged. Good, I guess. Miranda laughed. "She said one word today." Reid's eyes lit up. "That's awesome!" He smiled. I blushed at them.

Soon we all went to bed.

I awoke to a voice. "What do you mean!? I can't believe you! I just! Ah!" I heard someone cry in pain. I jumped up and ripped open my bedroom door. Rebecca shoved past me on the stairs.

Rebecca's room was down the hall. I raced to it but the door was already open, Miranda had beaten me to it. She was lying on the ground, holding her face. The room was empty!

I couldn't talk, still, so I just looked at Miranda in shock. I tried to say something but nothing came out! "Ouch. Man your sister had some claws!" Miranda snapped. She got up and looked at me, angry claw marks on her face.

I felt so angry, I started to shake. I barged out of the room angrily and down the stairs. I heard footsteps thundering behind me but ignored them. I ran out the door and realized, her car was gone!

I sat down on the front steps and stared into open space. What had just happened? I felt a rough hand on my shoulder and turned. Miranda was standing over me.

I gave her a look and she passed me the white board. What just happened!? Are you okay!? She just shrugged. "She... Her boyfriend came over to apologize for cheating on her. The whole freaking time after the wreck and he forced her to deal with this." She snarled.

WHAT!? "She had a boyfriend. Real jerk if you ask me." I paced back and forth, unsure of what to do. "Damn it."I mouthed. Miranda jumped next to me. I glanced at her. "You just talked and cussed. I think I'm rubbing off on you!" She laughed. I blushed, even though I was 30, I never cussed, even small cuss words.

I shrugged and tried to say something else, nothing came out. Where are they now? We need to find them! "I don't know. They both left." Miranda shrugged. I rushed out the door and flew down the stairs, Miranda followed close behind. I reached the garage door and ripped it open. Reid's car was gone! I began to panic. "Hey, I'm sure she's fine. I'm sure she just drove away from him." I nodded.

My phone started to buzz in my pocket of my pajama pants. I grabbed it and answered. "Hey...Kimberly....I'm okay. Don't worry. Or come looking...looking for me." I froze, something sounded wrong! I passed Miranda the phone. "What? Where...No! Where are you? Rebecca answer me!" Miranda begged.

She angrily hung up the phone. I grabbed my white board. Something is wrong. She is not okay. She said not to look for her, she sounded scared. I frantically wrote. "What? Eat cat fried..eggs? Scared?" Miranda asked me. I smacked the board in frustration. I erased it and rewrote. "Oh. Okay. Let me grab my keys, you go get changed." She said, she began to change her attitude, to commander Miranda... I ran as fast as I could go upstairs and grabbed whatever the first thing my hand touched.

I had a pair of jeans and a camosoul. Oh, well. I sprinted down the stairs and tripped, I flew down the stairs and sprawled out on the ground. I held my head and fought back tears as my head throbbed. "Here." Miranda said, her hand came into view and I grabbed it. She helped me up and helped me run to her truck. She peeled out and flew down our backroads.

Miranda slipped my white board into my hand and a marker. I wrote we don't even know where she is!Miranda glanced at me and sped up. "I'm just going to take a guess. Do you know anything about her boyfriend?" I violently shook my head, I knew absolutely nothing about him!

I just quickly shrugged. She flew down the roads going about 70. We drove around a few places until we came to a stop. My phone began to vibrate and I glanced down. An unknown number flashed on the screen. I answered before putting it on speaker. "Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" I heard someone's panicked voice come over the phone. "Woah, wait. Calm down, who is this?" Miranda asked, looking stressed.

"My name is Jane." I sighed in relief. It was now 6 am. "Okay. Well, what is going on?" Miranda asked. i quickly wrote on the board and explained who she was. "Okay, well, I am Miranda Lambert. What is going on?" Miranda asked quickly. We were parked on a street in downtown Nashville. "I need to speak to Kimberly Perry." I shrugged at Miranda. "She can't speak but she's here."

"Okay, good. I am out at an abandoned farm on Rabbit Run. Do you know where that is?" I nodded, it was a small trail in Greenville through the mountains. "I need you to....here..fast..." There was a scream and the line went dead. Miranda floored it into gear and we headed toward Rabbit Run.

We reached it and I jumped out, running toward the barn in the distance. I heard an engine fire up behind me. I jumped and turned around, Miranda had her motorcycle.

How in the heck!? I shook my head, it was Miranda after all. I climbed on and strapped on the helmet. She roared off toward the barn.

I felt a funny feeling as Miranda slowed down. I glanced around and knew something was wrong when I saw Reid's car parked haphazardly in the distance.

I started running forward but stopped when I heard a loud boom! I ducked on the ground and Miranda slid her pistol out.

I made a phone signal with my hand and mouthed "Jane" Miranda, to my utter relief, nodded. "Jane. Are you in the barn?" "Put the gun down." Miranda talked for a bit and then we ran forward.

We reached the door and Miranda opened it with a creak. Jane was standing with a shotgun in hand. "What's going on?" Miranda demanded.

"Well, I'm going to guess someone rammed into her car and she got out and fled. Judging by the scrapes along her car. I was jogging this morning and had a weird feeling, so I ran by the barn and found her car." Jane shrugged.

Jane marched out of the barn and Miranda raised her eyebrows. She turned around and Miranda changed the look on her face. "I've always wanted to be a cop." We ran to the car and I gasped at the scrape marks.

This was going to be a long day.