Time For A Showdown

Miranda POV
"Why don't we eat at Tootsies?" I asked, looking at Carrie. "Nah, too crowded. What about that pub.. The one with the doors on street level that's in a basement?" Carrie asked.

"Oh shoot, I don't remember what it's called!" I groaned, turning down the street it was on. I was about to search for a parking space when the phone rang. Looking at Carrie, she picked up my phone and answered.

"Miranda's phone. This is her secretary speaking." Carrie laughed. I rolled my eyes and continued to search for a spot. Carrie dropped the phone on the dash and it fell to the floor.

"What the hell, Carrie?" I asked, slamming on my brakes and cursing the red light. "K..Kimberly and Rebecca are gone! Reid and Neil haven't heard from them for hours!" She cried. "WHAT?" I yelled, flooring my truck forward.

Carrie gripped the armrest. We went up and down streets in Nashville, looking through every alley, every street, turning up with nothing. "I'm going to Greenville. Hold on!" I yelled, speeding in and out of traffic. "Well...someone's done this before." Carrie mumbled, white knuckles holding the handle of my silver Ram truck.

I finally reached the highway and went 90. "Holly crap Ran! Slow down!" Carrie yelled at me. I ignored her and kept going. There was a traffic jam up ahead.

"Oh hell!" I yelled, slamming on the brakes. I heard a bunch of yelling and got out. Two women were running down the highway. "What...what the hell is going on?" I yelled, opening my car door.

I recognized Kimberly and a man was chasing her with a gun! "Carrie! Grab my pistol!" I yelled to her. She gave it to me, fear and judgement in her eyes.

"Oh come on. I'm not gonna kill em!" I rolled my eyes. "He might just come out with a few holes..." I ran forward, toward the van with the doors open. Kimberly was now ducked behind it.

I surged forward and aimed my gun at the man chasing Rebecca. I didn't say anything as I fired, my hand shaking. Rebecca lunged for the ground and rolled to the side. The man fell, grasping his arm.

Kimberly took off running, another man started chasing her toward me! He fired off a shot but missed terribly. I was now standing out in the open, the man aimed at me. I fired a shot, the gun fell from his hand. Kimberly stopped and turned around, surprised.

"Keep running!" Rebecca yelled to Kimberly. Kimberly took off toward me and I heard sirens. Rebecca sprinted over to us and we all walked toward my truck. "Drop it!" One of the police officers yelled to me.

I stared at him before dropping my pistol. "I didn't kill anyone." I mumbled, putting my hands above my head. They handcuffed me and drug me to the cop car.

They left me on the patrol car and walked over to Kimberly and Rebecca. "What's your name?" Someone yelled at me. "Miranda Lambert." I replied automatically. "Don't mess with me!" He yelled. I heard footsteps and he pulled me off the car. "Oh, sorry Mrs. Lambert." He tipped his hat to me. "Both of their stories check out." Another cop said, walking over to me. He took off the handcuffs and I rubbed my wrists.

Rebecca and Kimberly were sitting in the back of an ambulance. I walked over and leaned my hand on the back handle. "Thank you." Rebecca said.

"You're welcome." I said with a relieved smile. "Yeah, thank you Miranda." Kimberly smiled. I sat next to Rebecca and patted her shoulder.

"I am really sorry." She told me. "And?" I asked. "And you were right. And I'm an idiot." She shook her head. "Got that right!" Carrie laughed, making all of us jump.

"Hey!" Rebecca stuck her tongue out at Carrie. "You know I'm kidding." She said, sitting next to Kimberly. "At least I'm not the one that was shooting a pistol over 30 people's heads and got arrested for it!" Rebecca fired back at me.

"Hey, would you rather be shot or them? And that's not the first time...Nevermind" I joked. "I guess you're right. Again." Rebecca rolled her eyes laughing. "Everyone is okay." The medic said, giving a thumbs up.

"Let's all go celebrate. How's that sound? On me." Kimberly said. I heard doors slam, Reid and Neil came sprinting over, around police. They tackled Rebecca and Kimberly in a hug.

Reid looked at me and smiled before giving me a hug. Neil did the same thing! Then they all hugged Carrie. "Okay! Let's go somewhere to eat." Carrie said smiling.