What now?

We thanked Carrie and Kimberly headed home. She was still not talking to me very much.

I sat in sad and nervous silence, staring out the window. I can't believe how one little sleepover went so wrong! We had had several in the past, although this wasn't Brittany's fault.

Tears went down my cheeks as I thought about what Kimberly was going to say to our parents.

"Okay. Talk." Kimberly said, we were at a stop light. I wiped my tears and decided to talk. "First off, please do not blame Brittany for this." I begged. "Alyssa came over and told us about the party, I told Brittany we should go and she took me." There was silence.

"You're a great friend. What really happened?" Kimberly said. She had seen right through my lie. But how!? "That's what happened." I said, lying through my teeth. "She's not going to go to jail or anything. C'mon." She prompted me, her eye was now patched up with makeup and both of them were laced with steel.

The light turned green and she pushed down the petal. "Tell me. Or I tell everyone." She was blackmailing me!? "No." I growled. "Fine. Let's see how mom and dad deal with this." She said. I wasn't really scared of her, I was so angry now.

We were at another light, she picked up her phone, making sure the light stayed red. "Hey. Yeah. It's okay. She did. No. She's fine." Kimberly went quiet and listened, her eyebrows knit together by some invisible thread.

"Okay. Bye." She hung up. I stared at her. "Mom and dad want more details. You gonna tell me or should I tell them?" She growled, pulling onto the familiar back roads. I sighed.

"Okay fine." I sighed, caving. "Tell me everything. Don't leave any details out." Kimberly warned, turning down another road.

I sighed. My head had gone from firecrackers to a dull pounding. "Okay. We stayed up till about 1ish talking, and there was a knock on the door. Alyssa seemed fine when we opened the door, and asked us to go to Dairy Queen.

Brittany and I left a note for her parents, knowing that we'd be just down the road, she didn't want to upset them or have me get in trouble. I was already upset that y'all didn't answer, so I decided this would do me good, to keep my mind off of you." "What do you mean, didn't answer?" She asked me. I shrugged, "I tried FaceTiming and calling, but got no answer." He eyes softened a bit. "Sorry. Your two brothers were asleep and I was charging my phone." She gave me a look and I continued.

"So, off we went. I was so tired, I fell asleep. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the crazy party." My memory came in flashes now. And it sure hurt to remember! "I was dancing on a table, drank something, then performed a drunk version of "Timber" by Kesha, and somehow ended up with Sid, you coming in, about scaring me half to death, and getting punched. Then I don't remember." Kimberly said nothing for a few minutes.

Her face changed from amusement to anger, to sadness, to rage. It was very weird to watch. "Okay." She finally said. She turned and I saw our house. I began to feel really nervous. "Who were you talking to on the phone?" I asked. She smiled at me for once during this whole awful experience.

"Brittany." My mouth dropped. "Really?" "Yup. She helped me get you out of the party." My eyebrows raised. "So... You knew." I said, my eyes narrowing. "Yup. I was on the phone with her earlier. By the way, 1,2,3,4 is not the best pass code." She smirked, but I could tell she was still angry.

"So..." I said awkwardly. Not really sure what else to say to her. "That was pretty brave of you." She commented, indifference flashing on her face, but underneath that mask, I could tell she was secretly proud.

"Thanks..?" I asked. She grunted and got out of the car. Reid and Neil came to meet us! I smiled, at least they were oblivious to what had happened! Neil picked me up and gave me a bone crushing hug.