What's Going On!?

Kimberly POV

I opened my eyes. I was laying in an open field, under the stars.

It was a beautiful array, filled with shooting stars. A cold breeze rustled the grass and beautiful flowers around me, drawing up a sweet aroma of roses.

The sky was turning a bright gold, still arranged with stars. I smiled, it was beautiful! "Kimberly!" I heard someone scream. I shot up, freaking out. It sounded like... But it couldn't be, could it!?

"Kimberly! Please!" It was Rebecca! And she sounded terrified!! I got to my feet but was pushed down. I started to scream, but a calmness was swept over me. The sky was now a deep purple and scarlet.

The whole sky shivered, like an old computer coming to life. I glanced up, it was as if I were watching a drive in movie, big enough to see, but not to get the thrill of being in the movie. I saw my baby sister, she was crying. Crying!?

I watched the odd scene. Mom, dad, Reid, Neil, and Rebecca were all in a room, holding someone's hand, I couldn't see whose, though. As if a pebble had been thrown across a pond, the scene was dashed into millions of tiny, beautiful, obsidian stars.

I didn't understand what was going on! I looked up, it fizzed to life again. This time, there were several people at a sad looking event. I couldn't tell what was going on but my siblings were crying.

Then, it changed, with a boom of thunder. I was playing with Reid and Neil, singing harmonies with Rebecca!? But she didn't sing!? She always wanted to do sports, never music!

I smiled, I wanted that dream! I tried to sit up, but couldn't. I heard footsteps and fought the urge to turn around. Someone in a robe was behind me. I looked back with my eyes.

"Kimberly Marie Perry?" It was a woman's voice, but at the same time, a man's. Its voice was very rough, but also childish and happy. A lot of contradictions!

"Yes?" I asked, looking up at him, her, well...it!? "You may stand. Have you been watching the skies?" It asked. "Yes, m'am, sir.. Thing..." I replied awkwardly. It gave a laugh, like a frog croak, and a child getting ice cream.

"Oh. Let me show you someone else." And with that, it was gone! I heard more footsteps as I stood up, dusting myself off. Neil was running toward me! But it wasn't really Neil, he had black/silver fairy wings, a crown, and a sword. And something that looked like a dress! I almost laughed out loud. It looked like a bad game of dress up!

"What? They didn't have a tutu for you?" He glared at me. "Very funny. Do you want help or not?" He snapped. His voice was much deeper's than Neil's.

"Yes. Sorry, Neil." He shook his head at me. "You don't understand. I am not your brother, but yet someone you are close to. It makes everything more comfortable." I nodded, the Neil-be-not seemed to be making sense.

"So, where are we now, not my brother?" I asked. He glared at me and smirked. "You have a weird sense of humor. The Big Man upstairs has decided to let you figure this out. He loves you, and I'm not real, I'm in your imagination."

My mouth flew open. What!? "C'mon. Don't die choking on a fly. We are in a place where memories come to reside until they are called on again. And new ones are formed, and others... They were simply dreams, or never meant to be." What in the heck!?

"Follow me." Neil said. I nodded and he grabbed my hand. It was smooth as glass, not quite human. We ran forward and past the weird sky and stars. There was a spiral staircase leading to the sky.

"Am I dying?" I asked quietly. Neil thing shook its head, "No, you just need to be shown something." We ran up the steps, together, as if on a team.

He clutched my hand, not letting me fall. We reached the top and he lead me forward. I gasped at what I saw.