Understanding

Shout out to ktblah! The answer to the riddle was: the man had the hiccups!! :) Stay tuned for another riddle and thank you for reading!!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kimberly POV

There was a set of iridescent gates in front of me. I reached out with my hand but was slapped by Neil.

I reeled back, holding my hand, surprised. "Hey!" I snapped. He shook his head. "You must listen first." I looked at him and silently nodded.

"In order for that dream to come true, you must make a deal." I nodded, it was like when I was angry with Rebecca, the deals I had her make.

Where was she now? Could she see me? As a matter of fact, where was I? All these questions ran through my head like an endless treadmill. "Hey!" Neil snapped, making me jump.

"What?" I asked. "I am going to show you something." I nodded, this was going to be interesting! With one graceful touch, the gates swung open with a creak like a beloved swing set.

It was like walking through a dark tunnel, following a tiny candle. Neil lead the way, he had something like fire in his hands. "Here we go. Are you sure you're ready?" He asked. "Yes."

We plunged into what seemed to be a garden. It was beautiful and filled with all sorts of plants, a very odd arrangement. It was beautiful. We walked around, and I became more attached to the garden, there were antiques, everywhere! I thought of what would make the sene perfect, an antique table! To my surprise, one landed in front of me! Exactly the one I was thinking of! I smiled, before thinking of how Reid would roll his eyes and laugh at me. I turned to fake Neil.

"If you go back, there will be one problem." He said, not looking at me. "I don't care. I want to go back." I said, my mind muddled with wanting to stay and wanting to go back. "Okay." We walked a bit into the forest. I gaped at all the beautiful arrangements and creatures, beautiful flowers with smiling faces. Tall trees, as far as you could see. I was in love with this place! A waterfall with a tiny table and tea set was in front of me. I smiled.

"You could stay here, you know." Neil said, breaking my thoughts. I jumped, forgetting he was there, wrapped in my own thoughts. I nodded, "How?" I asked, walking toward a glass ball. I really felt like staying here. I could have anything! I was going to pick it up, but saw my reflection and stopped. "Rebecca!" I said, we had always been called "big me" and "mini me!" For a good reason!

"I want to go back. You tried to trick me! By making me want to stay here!" I yelled at him. He was nowhere in sight! I sighed, exhausted and confused. I sat on the grass and began to try and figure out what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoutout to creativespirit for the idea of putting in a riddle! :)