Chapter 5 - The trip

Hello you sexy skittle! Enjoy this chapter!

Levy's P.O.V.

We had been sitting in the wagon for about 30 minutes since we left and we were all bored. Lucy had summoned Plue so happy could stop trying to annoy us for entertainment. The wagon wasn't too big so in order to fit all if our stuff plus room for Happy and Plue to do whatever I had to sit close to Gajeel. Which I didn't mind sitting close to Gajeel, well it was my idea for me to sit by him after all. But when our arms touched Gajeel seemed to tense up and if I looked close enough when he wasn't looking I could see a light pink tint on his cheek. After a couple more minutes he seemed to ease up and seemed comfortable touching me.

"Let's do something!" Lucy groaned. "I'm bored!" she complained as she stared dreamily out the window at our driver, Natsu.

I heard Gajeel chuckle as he saw Lucy's cheeks turn pink as she stared at her boyfriend. Once she heard him she snapped her head toward the iron dragon slayer. "What?" she asked angrily. "Don't think I didn't see you blush when Levy's arm touched yours!"

"Shut up!" he yelled back at her, trying to hold back another blush.

"Why are you bringing me into this?" I asked innocently. Thank goodness that she didn't see my blush earlier.

"I saw you blush too, Levy!" Lucy retorted. "You're just as guilty as he is." Crap! she did see! My blush came back once again, painting my cheeks pink.

"Would you all shut up back there?" Natsu interrupted our argument. "I can hear you all the way up here!" He was obviously annoyed but he didn't say anything after that and neither did we until Alex spoke up.

"Is it always like this?" Alex questioned no one in general. For a moment in our argument I forgot she was there. Oops?

"Yeah," Lucy answered, "but you should see it when Natsu and Gray are in the same room. One time they almost destroyed the whole guild in a fight when Erza wasn't there," Lucy sighed showing that her boredom had returned.

All of a sudden the ride got bumpy as if we were running over rocks. In the process of our mini earthquake us and all of our stuff got jumbled around.

I was sure I was the only one to notice Gajeel put his arm around me protectively in order to keep me safe from anything that could happen. I blushed way to insanely much as I looked up at him with my eyes full of confusion on why his arm was around me and on what was going on and why it was happening. He looked back at me with his perfect crimson eyes full with a protective look in them. He then didn't something I didn't think he would ever would: he pulled me into a hug, burying me in his chest.

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Is this seriously happening? Calm down Levy, calm down!

I had dreams that this would happen. That he would hold me in his arms, even though he was only doing this to protect me. I could still feel his arms embracing me and his body heat welcoming my presence. His arms fit perfectly around my miniature self. If I could, I would freeze this moment and live in it forever. For a moment, I was oblivious to everything going on around me.

Ugh, I need to focus! We are in a wagon that is shaking like crazy and all I am focusing on is Gajeel's embrace. Stupid Levy!

The wagon continued to rattle until it flipped onto it's side. I heard both Alex and Lucy scream as Gajeel's grip on me tightened and I landed on him. Once everything settled Gajeel let go of, a very anxious, me. He first looked at me then away and I noticed his face was probably mirroring mine: bright red.

After a minute someone, Natsu, opened the back doors letting more light than before in. We, then, all found our way out of the now crashed wagon by climbing over everything that took us so long to organize about an hour earlier.