Chapter 2 - The New Girl

~Levy's P.O.V.~

Everybody turned their heads towards the guild hall doors when they heard somebody say, "hey, it's a new girl!" I turned to see that there was in fact a new girl standing confidently in the door way.

I took a moment to examine her appearance. She had light violet hair braided down to her waist with a white bow at the bottom. She was wearing a light blue dress that reached her mid thigh. She had shoes on that matched her dress perfectly along with a white bow on each shoe. I also noticed she enchanting dark purple eyes.

"She's hot!" I heard Gray, who was sitting beside me, mutter under his breath.

"But Juvia is the one for you!" Juvia argued making it obvious that she heard his statement.

No doubt, she was beautiful. The proof was there: every guy in the guild was staring at her, every guy but Gajeel. I looked around and saw Gajeel sitting at the bar. He took a quick glance at her then turned away showing no interest in her. Seeing that made a rush of relief run through me.

I know it shouldn't matter if he likes someone else but I really started to like him ever since he joined Fairy Tail and I forgave him about the nailing-me-to-a-tree thing. I can't control what I feel about him. Every time it push out all the feelings and thoughts about Gajeel, they just return.

I looked back at the new girl and saw the dark blue Fairy Tail mark on her arm which means she has already talked to Master Makarov. I also noticed she didn't seem to care for any of the guys staring at her, like she was used to it. Then, surprisingly, she started making her way towards me, Juvia, and Gray.

"Hi, my name is Alex!" Juvia and Gray had shut up when they heard her greet us cheerfully before she sat down beside me. Why did she sit my me? I have no idea. Out of every guy staring at her she say by me.

"My name is Levy," replied in an upbeat tone. "And this is Gray and Juvia," I gestured towards them as I said each of their names.

We all starting talking, explaining how things work, what everybody is like, and what usually happens around the guild hall not that Master had probably already told her these things. We learned she used illusion magic and that the rest of her family disappeared about a year ago. We also found out that she was 19 years old, 2 years older than me. Somewhere in the talk I agreed to tag along on her first job request. Both Juvia and Gray said they already picked out jobs to do tomorrow.

"Do you think...." she started shyly as her cheeks started to show a pink tint. "Maybe.... we could ask if Gajeel could come?"

Jealousy flooded in when she asked that. I tried to keep it down but she made it seem obvious she liked Gajeel, or at least it seemed that way to me. It doesn't matter if she likes Gajeel or not, I shouldn't be jealous because he isn't mine to be jealous over. I wish! All the thoughts and feelings wouldn't go away. Anyway Gajeel would choose her over me any day. She is way prettier than I ever will be.

Plus, who would fall in love with a bookworm like me?

Finally pushing out all the feelings, "sure, why not?" I replied joyfully while faking a smile.

A thought came to my mind that made me think even more, how does she know Gajeel's name? They haven't been introduced yet. The only people Alex has met is me, Gray, and Juvia. Why am I worrying? She could have heard his name in sorcerer weekly or somewhere. We are a popular guild so I would expect people to know some of us. Or they could have met before. No because when Gajeel saw her he would have had reacted or greeted her but he showed that he had no interest in her

As interesting as the though was I pushed it away. It was none of my business how she knew his name. I tried not to think about the subject or at least not until later.

~Gajeel's P.O.V.~

I turned around and saw the new girl sitting by Levy. I noticed all the guys were staring at her. I even saw the salamander and the stripper drooling over her even though they had Lucy and Juvia. She looks like a normal girl so I don't get the big deal.

"Gajeel, I found one!" I turned to see it was Lily who was yelling at me. I finished my drink and got up to head over there.

"All we have to do is go to huge castle like place to find and defeat this demon," he explained as he pointed to the picture of the demon on the paper. "The reward is....." he paused to examine the paper to find the reward, "750,000 Jewels!" He yelled loud enough that Levy and her little group along with the new girl could hear.

They looked at us then Levy and the new girl made their way to where we stood.

"Nice going," I muttered to Lily right before they got into hearing distance.

"Hi, I'm Alex," she introduces herself. I saw the slightest color of pink on her cheeks. Seeing her up close made me see why everyone was drooling over her, but she isn't my type.

'Levy is your type' my mind whispered told me. 'No she isn't!' I yelled to the voice in my head. I don't even think she wants to be my friend after what I did to her while I was part of Phantom Lord.

When I left the thoughts in my head I noticed I was staring right at Levy. I looked away quickly and looked at Alex then Lily hoping neither of them noticed me staring at her.

"Hey. We overheard you talking about going on a job. We were also talking about going on a job.. soooooo we were thinking maybe we could all go on a job together: you, me, Alex, and Lily?" The shrimp asked me while I tried to make the least amount of eye contact as possible because of the incident where I was staring at her.

I think it would be safer for the shrimp to stay here, although she wouldn't stay at the guild forever because she would need money. And I would rather I be with here on any job than those guys she calls her team.

"Yea, I guess," Lily answered. "I mean it's okay with me," then gave me a questioning look as if he were asking me if they could come.

"Sure," I responded, exasperated. I was actually a little worried about the shrimp. If the prize is that high then the job must be more dangerous than it seems.

"Yay!" I heard both of the girls squeal. I guess they really wanted to go on this job, they seemed pretty excited for it.

"Want to meet up her tomorrow to leave for the job?" Lily questioned all of us. The plan was that me and Lily leave today after we chose a job but obviously plans have changed.

"Sure" "yeah" and "I guess" were all heard at the same time. Then the two girls walked back to their seats by Juvia and Gray and it seemed Natsu and Lucy had joined their little group to. Me and Lily walked back to our seats by the bar, not sure on what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I updated right?? Lol anyway what do you think about this chapter? I tried to make it longer but it isn't that interesting.... Yet!

I have had this done for the past like.. 2 days I think but I haven't bothered to write it on wattpad. What should I call you guys?? My little marshmallow ninjas?? Maybe? No? okay... well comment suggestions and I will try to update soon my little turtle warriors! No? okay..