five|| sadness and dinnerplates.

"i bet 20 he'll go for rider."

"50 for prince."

"oh please, goggles already has a thing for rider."

"yeah but goggles and prince went on a date together."

"that doesn't mean anything."

"what you guys talking about?"

"nothing!"

headphones and specs shut up as goggles walked in the door, hanging up his jacket on the coat hanger. "is there any food?" he asked tiredly, taking off his shoes. "there's left over pizza," headphones said. goggles simply nodded and walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a slice, waddling over to the couch. he sat next to headphones, leaning on her shoulder. "tired?" she asked. he nodded, taking a lazy bite out of his pizza.

"what did you and rider talk about? or did you guys just make out?" headphones asked, wrapping an arm around goggles. "make... out?" goggles asked. "uh, yeah. it's just an intimate kiss." goggles shook his head. "no, we didn't do any of that." headphones cursed under her breath. she had been betting on rider and goggles ending up together.

"well then what did you talk about?" she asked again. "y'know. stuff," he mumbled, stuffing the rest of the pizza in his mouth and closing his eyes. "you aren't gonna tell me what kind of stuff?" headphones asked, really pushing for an answer. she sighed disappointedly when she realized she fell asleep. she picked him up carefully, struggling a little due to how heavy he was. she quickly carried him into his room, laying him down gently on his bed and tucking him in. "you big baby," she whispered before turning off the light and closing the door.

"he's gotten heavier," headphones groaned as she grabbed a pizza slice. "i could tell, you were kinda struggling there," specs replied. "then why didn't you help?" she asked as she took an angry yet stressed bite out of her pizza. "because," specs began, "you need the exercise." specs gotta pizza to his face. "the hell is that supposed to mean?" she asked. "n-nothing!"

🦑💙🦑💚

9 in the morning

"you want to go on another date with prince?" specs raised an eyebrow. "yeah, i wanna see if i have any sort of feelings for him," goggles explained. "where are your pants!?" headphones screeched as she walked into the living room. "oh! that's what i forgot!" goggles said, looking down. "well go put some pants on, moron!" she yelled. goggles went into his room and grabbed a pair of his usual shorts.

"jeez, he can be so dumb sometimes," specs sighed. "what was he talking about just now? and more importantly, why didn't you notice the fact that he didn't have pants on?" headphones asked. "he was just telling me how he was gonna ask prince out on a date," specs said cockily. "what!? no, no, no," headphones muttered as she ran into goggles' room. "another date with prince?" she asked before tripping and landing on goggles' bed. "ouch..."

"yeah," goggles nodded, putting on his hero runners. "why? you haven't gone on a date with rider yet," she said, sitting up on the bed. "i mean yeah, but i already know rider really well. i want to see if i have any feelings for prince," he said. "all the more reason to go for rider instead, you know you have feelings for him and he obviously likes you back, what's holding you back?" headphones asked. "i want to give prince a chance," goggles replied. "you're too sweet, goggles," she said with a sigh, giving him a lopsided smile.

headphones was the big sister of the blue team. not only that, but she was just perfect. she was good in school, she was beautiful, she's a genius, and she was trustworthy. the only cons was that her emotions got the best of her and she had the dumbest people in inkopolis for friends. they might have been dumb, but they weren't blind. it was obvious headphones was just too good for them. but she loved them all the same. they admired her, really.

goggles' phone started ringing, causing headphones to jump slightly. she gave it to him, smiling when she heard it was off the hook's version of now or never. "hello? oh hi, prince!" goggles face froze a few seconds later. "sorry, can you run that by me one more time? ...give me a sec." goggles put prince on hold. "prince just asked me to be his boyfriend," he said to headphones. "o-oh..? what are you gonna say?" goggles looked at headphones frantically. "i don't know! this is too sudden!" headphones sighed. "this isn't my choice to make. i'm sure we both know that," she said. goggles thought about that before taking prince off hold. "yes."

"well, there goes my 50 bucks."

🦑💙🦑💚

"where's rider?" bamboo asked stealth. "he hasn't been out of his room all morning." she frowned. "is there something wrong?" stealth nodded. "think i heard him cryin' in there."
"i'll go check on him," she said, grabbing an ice cream carton from the refrigerator and a spoon from the utensils drawer. "rider?" she knocked. sure enough, bamboo heard him sobbing.

"go away." she knocked again. "i got you ice cream." she heard shuffling and the door peaked open. his eyes were puffy. bamboo gave him the ice cream carton and the spoon. "wanna tell me why it's 3 in the afternoon and you still aren't out of your room?" rider sniffled, opening the ice cream carton. "ever been heartbroken over someone you've never even dated?" he asked, choking on his tears. "aw, rider," bamboo hugged him. he cried on her shoulder, soaking her shirt. "there, there," she whispered. she had never seen rider so vulnerable before.

"want me to beat his ass?" bamboo offered. "definitely the last thing i want you doing." rider let go of bamboo, wiping his tears. "i'm sorry," he sniffled. "don't be. take the day off, boss man. i'll order you some food from the crust bucket later today too," she said with a smile. "thanks, bamboo. you've been a big help. a lot more than what i can say about stealth." bamboo snickered. stealth scoffed. "i've done my share."

earlier that day; around 10 in the morning

"hey, rider..."
"hey, headphones. is everything alright?"
"good news and bad news. which do you want first?"
rider thought about it. "i guess the bad
news."
"uhm... bad news is, goggles and prince are dating now. good news is, goggles is... happy?"

✨✨

sorry this is such a lazy chapter, i've been real busy with coroyakuza. hope y'all understand, coroyakuza is just a really big project me and my friend want to finish, we thought we were so smart for thinking of the idea at all so we've been working on it a lot lately. i'll try to post here more often. i'm tired right now so i might sound dumb but good morning ☀️💗/ afternoon/ night 🌙💗

-ryann (formerly known as ash) 🦑