thirteen|| the freckles on your face.

saying goggles was in love with rider's scent was a little bit of an understatement. the truth is, he couldn't get enough of it. he didn't smell like strong cologne like most of the guys in inkopolis; emperor, aloha, gloves, specs, and more. but he smelt of lavender, it was a pretty homey kind of smell and it wasn't strong, it was more vague. goggles couldn't get enough of it, he was almost obsessed with the smell. he didn't want to leave the oh so comfortable position the two were in—

his eyes opened suddenly and all he could see was rider's bare chest. a fervent brush approached his face. their legs were entangled and rider's muscular arms were wrapped around goggles' smaller body, his chin resting atop the blue inkling's head. "i can live with this," he mumbled quietly as he nuzzled his head into rider's chest. the yellow green inkling let out a small groan, placing a kiss on goggles' forehead. the blue inkling giggled softly and kissed rider's warm chest, squeezing him a little as he did so. "mm, you're so freaking comfortable," rider mumbled as he held onto goggles' tighter. "no, you," the smaller boy insisted. rider's eyes suddenly fluttered opened. "oh, shit," he muttered, quickly pulling himself away from goggles. "sorry, i'm so sorry. did i hurt you at all or—"
"rider, don't worry about me. i'm fine. i was actually very comfortable in that position," goggles insisted. "i'm sorry," rider groaned tiredly, rubbing his hands down his face.

"get back down, i want to cuddle some more," goggles mumbled, pulling rider down next to him in the bed again. "goggles, no—"
"goggles, yes," he insisted, ignoring the fact that one of the cuts in his arm was in pain when he grabbed rider. "i have to make breakfast," rider said with a small yawn. "no. stay here. you're really warm," goggles said, looking into rider's green eyes. "fine but we can't stay in bed all morning, got it?" the blue inkling nodded. "deal."

they sat in a comfortable silence as they cuddled, not wanting to leave each other's sides. goggles looked into rider's face for a while. everything about him was just so pretty. his eyebrows were relaxed for once, not furrowed angrily like they always are. his eyes were so soft when he was relaxed, not burning with rage like normal. the way his green eyes contrasted with his pretty and dark skin. the freckles that sprinkled his face were like pretty stars. goggles couldn't help but admire rider. how did he not see all of this until now?

"can we kiss again?" goggles asked with a sweet smile. "i love the fact that you felt the need to ask," rider said with a soft smile. he cupped goggles' face and brought it close to his. he placed a kiss on his lips. both of their lips lingered for a while, not wanting to pull apart. goggles moaned softly before they seperate. "your hands are huge," the blue inkling muttered. "yeah, i guess they are. y'know what else is huge though?" rider asked. "what else is huge, ridey?" the yellow green inkling smirked. "my di—" he was hastily cut off when the door flew open. "rider, breakfast is almost— oh shit. sorry," bamboo turned around to leave, getting hit by a pillow before she closed the door. "y'know what? how about another kiss?" goggles nodded at the thought of that.

the blue inkling gathered enough courage to carefully climb on top of rider, straddling his waist and resting his small hands on rider's bare chest. the boy below blushed intensely at the sight of goggles on top of him. goggles leaned down and kissed rider's lips once again. rider cupped goggles' face with one hand and brought the smaller boy even closer to him with the other. goggles moaned softly at rider's touch. when they pulled apart, a string of saliva was attached to both of their lips. "i really like you, ridey," goggles stated, trying to catch his breath. "i really like you too, gogs," rider said, carefully stroking his face and admiring how soft his skin was. "how's your back?" rider asked. "it could be better but it's fine. it doesn't hurt as much unless i tense up," goggles said. "that's good." they stayed there for a while, goggles still straddled over rider.

"what are we?" goggles asked. "whatever you want us to be," rider said, stroking the blue boy's tentacles. "i want to be yours," the smaller boy insisted. "then you can be mine," rider began, "will you go out with me?" goggles nodded. "i'd like that." he leaned down and placed his head on rider's chest, looking up at the pretty boy. "y'know what i just realized?" goggles smirked. rider raised an eyebrow, "what did you just realize?" the blue inkling giggled. "i'm older than you." rider rolled his eyes. "you're only ten days older than me, okay?" goggles, who was still giggling, pecked rider's cheek.

"stay still," he said, sitting up and grabbing rider's face. "what are you doing?" rider asked. "i'm counting the freckles on your face," goggles answered, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration. "that might take you a while," rider said with an amused smirk. "shhh, i know." the only thing heard was the small whispers of goggles' counting as he counted all of the freckles on rider's face. as rider said, it took a while. for ten minutes they stayed there. the whole time, rider stared at goggles's adorable face. his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and he looked serious for once. his ocean blue eyes were focused on the freckles. rider noticed a few freckles on goggles' face too, a few dotted his barely noticeable cheekbones and his adorable nose.

after the said ten minutes, goggles stated the exact number. "1,444." rider let out an exasperated breath. "not even," he said in disbelief. "yes even," goggles said, climbing off of rider and falling down on the bed. "i didn't think you could count to such a high number. i thought you would've stopped at one thousand. maybe less," rider admitted. goggles frowned. "i do know how to count," he mumbled. "i know, i'm just teasing you," rider said, sitting up and stretching. "jeez, we slept in pretty late," he muttered. "yeah. 'slept'," goggles giggled, getting out of bed rather unsteadily. "hey hey hey, take it easy. you aight?" rider jogged over to his side and helped him stay up. "i'm fine. my ankle is just a little..." his sentence trailed off as he winced. "it's okay, it's okay. i'll just carry you," rider said nonchalantly. "wh—" goggles cut himself off, a surprised yelp escaping his lips as rider picked him up bridal style. "this is nice," he whispered.

rider approached the door and let out a sheepish chuckle. "you mind?" he asked, bending his knees a little so goggles could reach the doorknob. "oh, of course," goggles twisted the doorknob and opened the door for the two. blazer groaned as she poured the eggs into a plate. "finally you two are out of there. we were starting to get worried—" she dropped the pan on the floor along with her jaw. "what the hell blazer?" bamboo turned to the two inkling boys and her eyes widened. she started poking stealth. "what do you want?" he turned and stared speechlessly. "you guys are so stupid," rider muttered embarrassedly, setting goggles down on the couch. blazer had a mental breakdown; she crouched down and squealed so loudly, a glass could've broken if she went a little higher. bamboo literally left the room. stealth tried to compose himself but it didn't really work out.

"yeah, thanks for the food dorks," rider said, grabbing two plates for him and goggles. blazer just stayed on the kitchen floor, burying her face in her hands. "are they okay?" goggles asked, looking over at blazer. "yeah, they're just being over dramatic, that's all," rider said, taking a bite of his rice. "oh, okay," goggles smiled. rider softly smiled back. bamboo emerged from her room in tears. "d-do that again!" she demanded, pointing at rider. "do what again?" he asked. "you j-just smiled. do it again," she insisted, tears still running down her face. he smiled a genuine smile and let out a small sigh, wrapping an arm around goggles. "this is the happiest i've ever seen you," bamboo said, her breath hitching slightly. she let out a small sob.

"you haven't smiled in months, ri," she claimed. "come on now, don't you think you're being a little dramatic about this?" stealth patted bamboo's hat and shook his head. "no. seriously, you haven't had a real smile in a long time," he said. goggles looked at rider. "you should smile more. it's a good look on you."