four|| what a broken heart can do to a boy.

"that was kinda of a dick move, rider."

rider groaned impatiently. "yeah, i know that. can you tell me something a little more useful, stealth?" blazer furrowed her eyebrows. "rider, you should call him. he's probably really confused right now. you know goggles." bamboo hat nodded in agreement. "how can i call him after that? not to mention the fact that i totally ruined his date with prince," rider sulked. "exactly! you gave him a choice that most likely won't end with you and him together. so call the boy of your dreams!" stealth said dramatically. the yellow green team stared at him, giving him a peculiar look. "sorry, i've been watching a lot of soap operas."

"i mean, i guess you're right. but what do i say?" rider asked and immediately, his teammates perked up. "leave it to me!" bamboo exclaimed, running to grab a paper and pen. "no, let me help!" blazer shouted, whipping out her .52 gal deco and shooting a long line of ink towards her room, turning into a squid and zooming to grab her poetry book. rider turned to stealth to see why he wasn't moving and sighed when he saw stealth already writing a few things down on a piece of paper. "who do you think is gonna clean that up, blazer!? i cleaned the crap out of the place just this morning!" stealth yelled, still writing down his ideas. "sorry about that!" blazer called back.

bamboo hat ran back into the room, jotting down any thought she came up with. as soon as blazer swam back into the room, everyone already had ideas. "dammit," she muttered and sat down. "here," stealth said, showing rider his idea. "'hey, goggles. i just wanted to say that what i said back there was not okay. it wasn't fair to you or prince and it was a douchebag move. i'm really sorry.' i mean, it's good but it's too simple. put some meaning into it," rider criticized. "who do you think you are, my language teacher?"

"here," bamboo hat offered. "'hey, man. i'm really fucking gay for you-" bamboo hat giggled. "the one underneath it." rider rolled his eyes. "'goggles, i'm sorry for what happened. i know you're confused and what i did was anything but okay. you don't have to choose. what i said wasn't fair and i realize what i did was wrong. i'm sorry, i hope you can accept that.' not bad but it sounds like i'm apologize to a teacher for drawing a penis on the desk," rider said. "picky much?"

"why not you serenade him?" blazer suggested. "serenade him? i'm not shakespeare," rider sighed, putting his head down. "just say whatever comes to mind first," stealth said, grabbing rider's phone and putting in the password. "hey, give that back!" rider groaned, trying to reach for it. bamboo hat and blazer just smirked and blocked stealth goggles away from rider. "okay, got it," stealth said, holding the phone up to rider's ear. rider's eyes widened as he heard the phone dialing.

"hello?" goggles' voice said. "uh h-hey, goggles. it's rider. uhm, i just wanted to say i'm really sorry for what happened earlier. you don't have to choose. it was unfair to you, prince, and even myself. my feelings kinda just got confused and now i'm sure you're confused and i just- i'm sorry," rider let out, deciding to use all of his teammates' ideas (except blazer's serenade idea but he did use what she wrote down). the yellow green team exchanged satisfied looks.

"oh, of course it's fine, rider! how could i not forgive you after that sweet apology? thanks for apologizing!" goggles giggled. "well, uh. i gotta go. but wanna hang out some time later?" rider suggested. "sounds good! i'll see you at octo canyon at six, okay? i have a secret i want to tell you," goggles said. "uh, okay. see ya there."

🦑💙🦑💚

"so what did you want me here for?" rider asked, sitting on the couch under the tree next to goggles. "i need help. i'm confused," the blue tentacled boy admitted. "when are you not?" rider asked sarcastically. "haha, true! but i'm talking about something that's actually bothering me," goggles explained. "oh," was all rider said before the blue team's dumbest member described his situation.

"i honestly did have a crush on you for a little bit. but you never actually seemed to like me back, especially after all those times i've pantsed you so i kinda just? gave up, i guess. then prince asked me on a date and i don't know if i actually feel anything with him? like, i guess i kinda do? i don't know what to do," goggles ranted. "we have to win your heart before we win your hand." goggles gave rider a confused look. "what's that mean?"

rider sighed. "how should i dumb this down... i guess what i'm trying to say is before we immediately start dating you, we have to win you over so that you're completely sure you want one of us," he explained, watching goggles' face as he processed this information. "oh, i think i get it now," goggles finally said after at least a minute. "okay, good," rider said, standing up and looking towards callie and marie gossiping. "they were staring at us earlier," goggles said. "don't worry about them," rider said, lending goggles a hand.

"here, i'll walk you home."