two|| prince.

the blue team. probably the most eccentric team to ever play in a turf war. from showing up naked "on accident" to eating curry in the middle of a turf war, they definitely broke the record of wackest team to ever exist. and that was all thanks to none other than goggles.

how goggles was somehow even more popular than the s4 with just a b was a mystery to all but rider. goggles may have been an idiot, but he had skills. well, skills to distract the opponent with something retarded than jumping back into the fray and winning like no other. he was a unique fellow.

blue team's popularity has risen since they defeated yellow team, and the yellow team's n pacer and prince have taken quite the liking to the blue team.

"haha, remember that time you freaking drowned me here, marina?" marina laughed nervously. "i was trying to save you, pearlie. you were resisting," she corrected. pearl scoffed. "whatever, anyway-"

"they are definitely gay for each other. look at the way they look at each other!" headphones screeched. the blue team was chilling in their apartment they shared in inkopolis square. the floor to ceiling window allowed them to see all of the plaza, including the newscast of off the hook. they could be watching on tv, but it seems more interesting watching them "coming at you live from inkopolis square". headphones sighed dreamily. "what did we do to deserve marina? our racist asses don't deserve her kindness," she said, somewhat upset.

"there she goes again," specs sighed as headphones rambled about how racist the inklings were toward the octolings and how incredibly unreasonable that all was. she looked outside and noticed sheldon taking down a poster promoting the splatfest. "oh right, the splatfest ended last week. i was so sick during the time though," she turned towards them, "which one did you guys fight for? pancakes or waffles?" goggles laughed. "obviously waffles!" specs sighed. "we got into an argument about which one was better so we ended up splitting up and i fought with pancakes."

headphones laughed. "well, that was a mistake, huh?" goggles suddenly jumped up as one of their phones started buzzing  on their kitchen counter. whenever off the hook came on, headphones refused to let anyone be on their phones and forced them to watch off the hook. she only allowed them to go on their phones during off the hook if someone called.

"go," was all headphones said as goggles grabbed his phone and walked into his bedroom. "hello?" he answered. "hey, goggles! it's prince," the voice said through the phone. "oh, hey prince. what's up?" goggles asked, adjusting his goggles on his head. "oh, well uh... i just wanted to know if you maybe wanted to go on a date this saturday?" he asked.

"yeah, sure!" goggles said, a smile on his face. "oh, thank goodness," prince said with a sigh of relief. "uh, what's a date?" prince hesitated before saying, "it's like hanging out with someone, but it's more... romantic," prince explained. goggles blinked a few times, trying to process that information. "uh, okay. where are we gonna go?" goggles asked. "wanna go to arowana mall? or maybe kelp dome?" prince suggested. "there's not really much to do at kelp dome, i'm fine with arowana mall," goggles replied with a smile prince wasn't able to see.

"sounds good," prince said, "i'll pick you up at 1 in the afternoon on saturday then." goggles replied with a quick "m'kay, bye" and hung up. goggles entered the living room, putting his phone down on the counter and sitting next to specs. "what was that about?" goggles shrugged. "prince asked me out on a date-"

"what!?"

headphones looked at him with disbelief. "you're kidding. right?" she asked. "uh, no?" goggles said with a raised eyebrow. "why would i be kidding?" the smartest one on the blue team was fuming. "how the hell did you, of all people, get a date with yellow team's prince before i got a date with n pacer?" headphones demanded. she seemed real frustrated.

"headphones, i think you should chill out-" she left the room before anyone could do anything about it. goggles was confused and very concerned. "don't worry about her, goggles. she's just... really whipped for n pacer," specs explained with a soft tone. "i'll go check on her!" bobble said optimistically. no matter what situation you were in, bobble always seemed to know how to cheer someone up.

"give me the details, man. where are you and prince going?" specs asked. "arowana mall on saturday," goggles responded, still pretty concerned for headphones. she was kinda emotional compared to the rest of them. the poor girl was really the most normal and rational. specs was normal too, but he always seemed to get
worked up over the littlest things.

they both turned to the door and waited. waited for some sort of sign telling them headphones was okay. all they could hear was bobble's cheerful voice saying calming words to headphones. considering the fact that bobble always knew how to cheer people up, they decided to relax a bit. "i thought you already had a crush on..." specs' sentence trailed off. "you mean rider? i said i had a small crush on him. besides, after all that pantsing i did, i doubt he likes me," goggles said with a shrug.

"that's a shame," specs muttered. they heard the door open and frantically started acting NOT normal (if they acted normal, it would be very obvious that something was wrong). goggles lied down on the coffee table in the same pose as rose during the titanic. "'paint me like one of your french girls'," goggles said in a high pitched voice. two adorable laughs came from behind specs and they looked to see headphones and bobble cracking up. when they all calmed down, headphones looked at goggles with a serious stare.

"okay, dingus. tell me all about your date."

🦑💙🦑💚

saturday

"you're gonna wear that to your date!?"

"what's wrong with it?" goggles said, staring at himself in the mirror. he was wearing a blue jacket with a rainbow bow tie and clown shoes. "literally everything! just go with something casual, dummy!" headphones shrieked, taking off the bow tie and jacket. she quickly rushed over to the closet and grabbed a normal outfit; a windbreaker and some shorts.

"change into them. and please make sure to wear underwear," headphones said, shoving the clothes into his arms. she left the room and groaned loudly once she closed the door. goggles stared at the door, wondering what the hell just happened. "alrighty then," he muttered and started changing into his normal clothes. he exited the room and grabbed his phone off the counter. "the current stages are port mackerel and blackbelly skatepark," specs informed as headphones made sure goggles was ready for his date.

"keep your phone on you, don't strip out of nowhere, don't bring your weapon because that's wack especially on a first date, you're smelling pretty fresh, you really didn't bother cleaning your damn goggles, thank god you put on deodorant and-" specs laughed. "calm down, headphones." bobble giggled. "he'll be great!" headphones sighed and looked at goggles. "they're right. you'll be great," she said with a reassuring smile. goggles smiled. "of course i will. what could possibly go wrong?"

woomy~!

all four of them looked at the door as the bell rang (all doorbells go woomy). headphones rushed over to the door and opened it with a smile. "hey, prince!" she greeted. he smiled back. "hi, headphones." the aforementioned looked towards goggles. "have fun on your date, goggles," headphones said, opening the door a little more so prince could see goggles. prince began to blush. "shall we?" prince asked with a small cough. "let's."

🦑💙🦑💚

"quick question, why did you want to go on a date with me?"

"isn't it obvious, goggles?" prince gave the blue tentacled boy a sweet smile. "i like you. a lot." goggles felt his face heat up. "really? me of all people?" goggles asked with his award winning smile. "well, yeah. you're funny and adorable and you put others before yourself," prince praised. "thanks," goggles said a little too enthusiastically. "wanna go to that café and talk a little more?" prince suggested. "sure!"

the two inklings walked there together, prince opening the door for goggles. they walked in, the two immediately getting spotted by the one and only.

rider.