chapter fifty

CHAPTER FIFTY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     IF THE MOUNTAIN WAS LOOMING with an army of thousands behind her, it was certainly threatening with her and Clarke standing alone

     There was no plan, no idea what to do next. Clarke and Taylor ran through the mines, hoping maybe they could get in somehow through the back. That was where everyone was supposed to be rescued to begin with, anyway.

      It felt ironic, running back in when they had done so much to get out.

      As they turned the corner, Octavia was there, ready with her sword. She lowered it when she saw the two come to a halt in front of her.

     "Octavia, you stayed," Clarke said breathlessly. Octavia turned around to the door that she had been waiting at and shook her head.

     "Screw you," she snapped. She whipped around and faced Clarke angrily. "Of course I stayed. I know where my loyalties lie."

     "We have to get in there," Clarke rushed out, ignoring Octavia's small outburst and making her way to the door. Octavia grabbed her arm and stopped her in her tracks.

     "If that was possible you think I'd still be out here?" Octavia pointed out, making Clarke look at one of the carts that the bodies were disposed in. Taylor stepped forward and covered her mouth.

     "Fox. Lana," she whispered, tears threatening to fall at the sight of their lifeless forms, discarded to the bottom of a minecart like nothing.

     "Why did Lexa sound the retreat?" Octavia demanded, looking between the two of them.

     "Lexa screwed us over," Taylor responded immediately, following Clarke on her way over to the door.

     "She made a deal with Mount Weather," Clarke elaborated, the wound still very fresh. "Freed the Grounders. Now we're on our own."

     Taylor tightened her grip on her gun and stood behind Clarke as she started banging on the door violently.

     "Stop! They'll know we're here!" Octavia objected, pulling Clarke away from the door. "What about Lincoln? There's no way he would've gone along with a plan like this."

     Clarke was breathing heavier and she looked away from Octavia, Taylor, and the door. "He didn't," Clarke explained. "They took him."

     Taylor looked over every inch of the door and desperately tried to think of a way they could get in. Clarke aimed her gun at the keypad and Octavia pushed her arm down roughly.

     "What's wrong with you?" she demanded.

     "I am getting through that door!" Clarke shouted, staring Octavia down directly now.