chapter forty

CHAPTER FORTY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     THEIR ONLY OPTION NOW was to sit and wait until the members of the council, or what remained of it, were done speaking

     THEIR ONLY OPTION NOW was to sit and wait until the members of the council, or what remained of it, were done speaking. Raven was now no longer in custody and waited outside of the door with the rest of them patiently. Chandler had joined with Raven after waiting patiently for her to be released as soon as he'd heard of her arrest.

     After a few hours, a smooth mechanical sound signalled Abby's arrival and they wasted no time in asking questions.

     "What's happening?" Raven inquired immediately, moving to follow Abby on her path down the hall. Taylor trailed after her and Bellamy, who were the most persistent in getting answers.

     "You were in there a long time," Bellamy commented, falling into step beside her.

     "There was a lot to talk about," Abby replied.

     "Well, what's going on?" Raven pushed harder, Chandler catching up to help cut Abby off directly with Bellamy and Taylor.

     "There was a lot to talk about," Abby repeated once more, trying to avoid all eye contact and keeping her stare directly ahead.

     "That's not good enough," Taylor snapped as Abby came to a complete halt with no way to get past all of them.

     "We are not turning him over to the Grounders," Bellamy maintained, Abby simply staring back at him with a blank expression.

     "Step aside now," she ordered, Bellamy visibly faltering and looking to the side in thought. "We're all trying to find a way out of this."

     Taylor stepped back slightly in guilt, knowing that snapping on Abby wasn't exactly right of her. If she was under mass amounts of stress, the amount Abby was under was feasibly more unimaginable. Abby pushed past all of them and hurried down the hall without another word.

     "They're gonna give him up," Bellamy realized in disbelief, Taylor glancing at him wide-eyed. It was the most conflicting situation she had ever been in, but she didn't want Finn to die. Raven glanced between the spot where Abby left and Bellamy a few times before shaking her head.

     "No, they're not."

__________

     Taylor paced back and forth in the dropship, knowing full well that there truly was no plan beyond what they had now.

     "What are we going to do once they realize he's not there?" she questioned, glancing back and forth between Raven and Bellamy nervously. "They won't just forget."

     "There's still no sign of them," Raven commented, pushing the tarp that covered the door back in its place. Taylor huffed and crossed her arms at the lack of response, continuing her pacing.