chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     THE EXTRA PIECE OF TARP HAD BEEN DRAPED over his body, Taylor shaking slightly as she closed his eyes and covered his unmoving form

THE EXTRA PIECE OF TARP HAD BEEN DRAPED over his body, Taylor shaking slightly as she closed his eyes and covered his unmoving form. The storm was getting bad enough to where they were unable to bury Atlas right away. She couldn't help but feel guilt over his death, guilt over killing the Grounder. It consumed her.

Someone touched her arm while she stared down at the now shapeless body and she looked up to find Clarke glancing at her with a tired expression. She had just finished helping Chandler with his arrow wounds.

"He's going to be okay, at least. But could you help me with Finn?" she asked, looking down at the floor as if she expected Taylor to say no.

"Wait, what happened to Finn?" Taylor questioned, a sudden panic rising in her stomach. Clarke gestured for her to follow as she lead her through the crowded ship. They reached near the ladder, where Finn lay on a metal table with a knife sticking out of his torso. She inhaled sharply and shook her head.

"Can anyone hear me?" Raven spoke into the radio nearby, still just as desperate as before. The thunder outside and the pour of the rain against the ceiling somehow made the situation more dire. And she only assumed that this would make it even more inopportune to contact the Ark.

"I'll help however I can," Taylor assured Clarke with a nod, still staring down at Finn. She didn't think that she could handle him dying, not after everything. Clarke quickly explained how Raven was trying to get in contact with the Ark because she urgently needed to speak with her mother - a doctor - in order to save Finn's life.

"This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself," an official sounding voice demanded from the other side of the radio. The two's eyes widened, Clarke hurrying over to stand next to Raven and the radio while Taylor stayed near Finn.

The group of people on the level all crowded near the radio, eager to hear what was going on. "This is Raven Reyes. I'm from Mecha Station," she answered, still tense sounding but relieved that they had managed to get in contact with them. "I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Dr. Abby Griffin. Dr. Abby Griffin, now."

She couldn't exactly help the fact that she tuned out for the next few moments while Clarke reunited with her mother over the radio quickly and began to brief her on the situation. The same aggressive mantra repeated in her head over and over again. You killed him, you killed him, you killed him. As she stood there a plethora of questions arose in her head.

Was she a bad person for protecting her life and the lives of those around her? Did that matter? Taylor shook away the thoughts, knowing that people were still relying on her and she needed to pull it together. Finn. She was still shocked as she saw him there lying defenseless and dying. How did it even happen? Where was Bellamy? Had they failed just as she had? She decided that asking questions she didn't have the answers to wasn't making her feel any better.