chapter forty-six

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     THE RED MARKER TRACED along the board easily, where Taylor marked the spot she and Clarke had emerged from the dam

     "I think you know more than you give yourself credit for," Raven was saying, glancing at the map from behind her. Taylor was explaining why it would only take more time to build tone generators if she helped. "They trained you in mechanics for a reason."

     "A few years ago," Taylor pointed out, shrugging as she finished her mark. "So this is where we came out, from the mines. The system is extensive, no question."

     The sound of footsteps ushered in the arrival of Clarke and a towering Grounder guard that followed her blindly without question.

     "Has he checked in yet?" she demanded immediately, looking at both Raven and Taylor in question.

     "No," Raven responded, accepting the marker that Taylor handed to her causally. Her eyes drifted toward the man who stood behind Clarke. "Worried someone's gonna try and take a shot at you in the Ark?"

      Clarke blinked for a few seconds while the both of them turned back to the various diagrams set up on the boards. Taylor could hear Clarke ordering him to wait outside.

     It was hard for her to be at ease with her, since she had changed so rapidly within such a short span of time. She knew loss could do horrible things to people, and she felt like she might be able to finally understand where Clarke was coming from.

     "Lexa's orders," Clarke explained flatly. Neither Taylor nor Raven looked back at her.

     "Whatever, Clarke," Raven dismissed nonchalantly.

      "He's late. What if something's happened to him?" Clarke questioned aloud, her eyes drifting back to the radio. Taylor turned around from the board and glanced between the radio and Clarke.

     "He'll be fine," Raven assured.

     Taylor took a few steps toward the radio and nodded, reasoning, "He said things were unraveling there. It's not certain death if he's a little late."

     "It might be," Clarke snapped, a cloud of regret consuming her features as soon as the words left her mouth. There was a moment of silence as she glanced around the room. "You've been busy. Why are you focusing on the dam?"

     She approached a map that lay out on the table and the diagram above it where Taylor had just marked their exit point. Whipping around, Raven was her target.

     "I told you acid fog was our priority," Clarke scolded harshly.

     "Until Bellamy gets eyes on their dispersal system there's only so much I can do," Raven defended, her tone guarded.

FLARES ━ BELLAMY BLAKE ( 1 )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara