Complications and Compliments

This week has been full of stress, fighting, and Hollows. Chad brought a bird possessed by a soul to school, some guy from a t.v. show created a Hollow, and Kon is running around. I greatly dislike that plush toy....

"C'mon Kass, keep up."

"Why are we following your classmate Ichigo? Do you liiikke him?"

I dodged the blow aimed at my head, snickering at his irritation. I tripped as he tried to punch my arm, and someone caught me. I looked up to see the guy Ichigo and I were tailing.

"Uuhhh....hello."

"How long do you two plan on following me?"

I blushed and kicked Ichigo as I stood up, unable to look the guy in his eyes.

"When did you notice?"

"When you and Orihime were spying on me in crafts, and when Winchestor joined you after school."

Damn. Pranking this guy must be mission impossible. Challenge accepted.

"How did you know?"

"Are you so ignorant to your surroundings?"

As he spoke white ribbons appeared around him, and two others one red, the other electric blue.

"These are soul ribbons, these two," he grabbed the colored ribbons.

"Are yours. Soulreapers have different colored ribbons."

.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-.Time skip brought to you by bait break.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-. 

"Eep!"

I dodged the Hollow, racing to find Rukia. Unlike Ichigo, I have to be slapped by that stupid glove in order to fight. That hasn't stopped Hollows from swarming in my area, and I'm running out of endurance. I looked back to see a wall of Hollows chasing me, and I ran into something.

"Ouchie!"

Oh it was a man. Felt like running into a brick wall. A guy in a striped coat, with matching hat and clogs, walked up and hit my head with his cane. I launched out of my body, and I pulled out my Zanpakto while turning to the Hollows.

"Guess who's going hunting boys?"

I jumped into the crowd, killing Hollows as fast as I could. Once they were all gone I turned to hat-and-clogs, bowing and smiling.

"Thanks dude, I was in a bit of trouble. Anything you might need help with while my schedule is open?"

"Actually there might be something...."

Later....

"Why can't I stay with Chad and Orihime?"

"Just go to the park!"

I gave up resisting, and took off in the direction Hat-and-clogs pointed me to. He had me help heal the students in the aftermath of Orihime's battle, drawing upon my power to fuel his Kido. I think he might be a Soulreaper, either in hiding or assigned some crappy job in the mortal world. I reached the park in an hour, out of breath and tired. Ichigo and the Quincy stood back to back in a horde of minor Hollows.

"Sneak in or barge in? Barge in seems entertaining...."

I ran at the crowd, holding my Zanpakto ready for the moment I was close enough to attack. The looks of surprise were priceless, and I tried not to laugh as I joined the boys.

"What took you so long Kass?"

"I had other things to do silly, I won't always be glued to your side."