Lady in London

I woke up midday, in a tree again. If I end up in a tree everytime I'm called out of a story, or read myself into one I am going to be upset. I wasn't very high up, just a few feet above the ground in a fir tree. I hopped down and became very aware of being in a dress, without my stuff. 

I need to find a copy of the Hobbit to get my stuff. I got out from the trees clingy branches, looking around to see where I am. I'm in a large garden, and nearby I can see an enormous building. Well more of a palace. Everything was off though, and I noticed that it was all anime-ish. My ring glowed and I watched my body adjust to the world, becoming less elvish and more anime. 

I walked forward and called out. "Is there anyone here?" My voice sounded the same thank goodness, but I felt wierd being anime. Did I just think that? Oh man I'm losing my sanity. 

"Hey! You there!" I turned to see a man dressed in uniform running at me, and I stood still so he wouldn't think I was trying anything. He grabbed my arm and I frowned, shoving him off and standing back with hands raised. 

"Please don't touch me sir. I woke up in the tree over there and I don't know where I am." His eyebrows furrowed and he reached for me again but stopped. "You're in her Majesty's gardens my Lady." I lowered my hands. "Who?" He looked shocked and asked me to follow him. 

I did follow, and he led me into the palace and through a maze of halls and corridors until we reached two enormous doors. I fiddled with my ring as he opened one door, calling something in before standing aside for me to go in. I thanked him and entered, the first thing I saw was a woman all in black with a butler in white by her side. Something tells me I know them from somewhere, but once again my memory is at a loss. I curtseyed and almost felt proud that I remembered to do so.

"Her Highness welcomes you my Lady. She would like to know your business for being here." The man said, his voilet eyes gazing in to mine. The guard spoke for me when I stood silently. I  couldn't move under the butlers gaze, like he was staring into my soul and it frightened me. I always read about stuff like that, but I thought it was nonsense until now.

I was released from his gaze as he leaned down so the Queen could speak, and he bowed before turning and leaving the room. He returned almost immediately with a quill and parchment, handing them to the Queen so she could write. I waited patiently as she penned something then handed it back to the butler, who placed it inside an envelope and dripped hot wax from a candle upon the opening. The Queen pressed her ring into the wax, and when it was dry the butler left with the envelope.

This time he was gone for nearly ten minutes, and I stood before the Queen in silence the entire time. The butler walked in, followed by another butler. They bowed to the Queen and the one in white turned to me.

"Trenton will take you outside, a carriage awaits to take you to your new home." He went back to the Queens side, and I followed the other butler out of the room. I was led through more halls and eventually walked out into daylight. I became painfully aware of the fact my sun-goggles were left behind, and all I have is my regular glasses, when the sun blinded me. 

I blinked until my eyes adjusted, then walked down a short staircase to the waiting carriage. I climbed inside and the door was shut, leaving me alone with my thoughts. So right now what I know is that everyone dresses victorian, it's an anime, I'm in London because everyone knows english but has an accent, and I was called here by someone.

I fell asleep and began to dream, the carriage and gentle hustle of the city lulling me. I hadn't actually slept yet, so the exhaustion got to me pretty quick.

I was blindfolded and somewhere very cold. There is whispering all around and I'm suddenly pulled up. My arms are tied down, as are my legs as chanting fills the air. I feel the heat of something beside me, and then my side is on fire. I scream endlessly until it suddenly ends.

I shot up as someone touched my arm, still screaming for a moment before shutting up. My eyes first see the gloved hand on my arm, staring at it as if it were a poisenous snake that had just bit me. It was removed and I looked at the person who had touched me.

No way. Slight disbelief and wonder filled me as I looked into the blood red eyes of none other than Sebastian Michaelis. "Pardon me my Lady, but it seems you were having a night terror." I blinked owlishly and nodded. He smirked and held out a hand to help me out of the carriage. I shook my head, and he withdrew so I could get out. I was doing great until I actually tried to step out.

I saw the ground coming up fast when I tripped, and I threw my arms up to shield my head. It was unnecessary though, because Sebastian caught me. He set me upright just as fast as I fell, but slow enough I had kicked him whilst struggling to get him to stop touching me. His face was somewhere between confused and amused when I turned to him.

"In the future I ask that you refrain from touching me." I sounded more harsh than intended, but he only smiled and bowed. "As you wish my Lady." I frowned. "And please stop saying my lady, it's wierd." His face was pure confusion now, and he held a hand over his heart. "Yes m-" He stopped before saying it and turned towards the manor we stood before.

"My master wishes to see you in his study." I followed him as he walked inside, pausing to thank Trenton and wave goodbye. The Phantomhive manor is cooler in person, but way bigger than it seemed from the outside. I looked around, slightly awed by the granduer of the place. Sebastian chuckled and I closed my mouth, which had been gaping, and a furious blush covered my cheeks. He led me to a dark brown door, lighter than the others we had passed, and knocked.

"Come in." Ciel's voice sounded deeper than 14 years.... Sebastian opened the door and I walked inside, meekly looking down and waiting to be adressed. "Hello. You must be the maiden the Queen sent." I looked up and nodded. I was taken aback by Ciel's appearance, he looked my age! But he wasn't a demon, like in the fanfics I read. Was there a difference in age in this universe? It seems like the case, but where in the story am I?

"What is your name?" I looked up and saw Ciel was almost in my face, and he sounded like my Mum when she has called my name a bunch of times, but I hadn't answered yet. "Oh! I'm Kass Winchestor." I resisted the sudden urge to rip off his eye patch, and ended up looking into his eye. I had been avoiding it, knowing what the eyes of the people in Black Butler could do.

I was lost in his eye, a storm of deep and profound sadness, anger, despair and loneliness. Staring into his gaze for what seemed like forever, but was broken by the pain from my dream, a horrible burning. My eyes closed and I let out a small scream of pain, collapsing as the world darkened.

.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-. 

This is the same dream. The chanting grew louder and my side was burned again, but while I screamed other voices joined in. The sound of people dying filled my ears, and the blindfold was removed. Yelllow-green eyes looked out from a curtain of silver hair. Everything faded away as my eyes closed.

I sat up, my breath ragged and the only noise in the room. The curtains were drawn back, illuminating the room with the first light of dawn. I placed a hand over my heart, feeling my heart beat. Footsteps in the hall outside my door startled me, and the door to the room I was in flew open. Ciel walked in with Sebastian on his heels, and I felt like shrinking and crawling into a hole in the ground.

"Good you're awake." Ciel walked over and sat on the bed, Sebastian smirked and my stomach clenched in fear. "Miss Winchestor my apologies." Sebastian bowed. "What ever for?" I squeaked out. "This." He tossed the blanket back and lifted the nightgown I wore, revealing the spot on my side that burned in my nightmares.

Ciel leaned forward and his hand brushed my skin, and I flinched then tensed at the pain and foreign touch. "Stop!" I slapped Sebastians hand as I scooted away, my face once again a bright red. "Where did you get that mark?" Ciel spoke in a hushed tone, sounding angry and sad at the same time.

"What mark?" I lifted the nightgown and looked at my side, and saw the mark of the noble beast burned onto me. "Oh." I blinked and pulled my nightgown back down, looking back at the Earl and his butler.

"You have some explaining to do miss."