Wargs and Worse

As I opened my mouth to speak a bone chilling howl cried out nearby, and the dwarves readied themselves. I looped the scabbard onto one of the belt loops on my pants, and looked around with my sword in one hand. I heard a twig snap and I turned while raising my sword up, just as a Warg jumped out at me. The Warg hit me hard, and I felt the sword sink into it's skull. 

I scrambled out from under the beast, pausing to pull my sword out and wipe it off on the ratty fur of the Warg. I heard another noise crashing through the forest, and what sounded like a bunch of people jumping around. A sled pulled by rabbits shot into the clearing we're in, and the brown wizard Radaghast was on it with bird poop on his head.

Gandalf smiled and greeted the wizard warmly, and I zoned out until everyone started running. I kept up with them easily, thanks to the changes made by the ring Gandalf gave me. I held my sword warily, not sure if I should put it away or keep it out. I was following the dwarves when they got out of my sight, and I ran in the same direction I had been heading. 

It wasn't the right way.

I ran into something way bigger than me and tumbled head over heels. When I stopped rolling I was on the edge of a large rock and a small group of Wargs with Orcs riding them had turned towards me. I stood up and ran, but as they began catching up I used an old trick that got me to class on time back home. I switched to a full sprint, pushing off and stepping with my toes and jumping over or dodging obstacles in my way. I had put some real distance between me and them when I ran into something else. 

This time at the speed I was at I clotheslined myself. "ACK!" I hit the ground so hard I stopped breathing and gasped, trying to remember how to intake air. I was staring at the underside of a saddled horse when I started breathing again. I felt a pair of hands grab my feet and got pulled out, letting out an eep.

An elf face appeared over mine and I tilted my head to see the Wargs approaching fast. I jumped to my feet and hid behind the horse, managing a short yell. "Orcs!" I was now at the center of an elf hunting party, and they all looked over at the Orcs. I felt someone grab my waist and protested as I was lifted up and set in said persons lap. 

A hunting horn sounded from one of the other elves, and the horse I was sitting side-saddle on, took off with the others in a charge. I almost fell off, but stayed on by gripping the waist of the elf. Which is not something I wanted to do. It's nothing against elves or males, but a problem I have. I don't like physical contact unless I know the persons touch.

I fought the instinct to punch the elf, focusing on staying on the horse. Everything happened in a blur, and before I could react the fight was over. "Are you alright?" The elf relaxed and I let go immediately, my body tensing away from his. "I'm-" I fell off of the horse and onto my back. So the ring can enhance my abilities when making me half elf, but can't cure my clumsiness.

I got up so he wouldn't get down to help me, but had a case of vertigo and stumbled a bit clutching my head as blood rushed to my feet. I felt the elf guy pick me up again, and found myself sitting in his lap. Again. 

"I-I'm alright." Why stutter, why now of all times? I felt the elf laugh, and then he picked up the reins. I didn't have to hold on anymore, because his arms kept me seated. I felt my skin heat up, and I didn't move at all, tensed up and blushing. The horse took off in a gallop, and the other elves followed. 

My face turned a darker shade of red when I realised that I was now sitting in the lap of Lord Elrond. Death take me now, because Thorin and the others are going to kill me when they see me. I started to quietly hyperventalate and tried to calm down, but my vision faded and I blacked out.

I woke up an hour later, just as the horse entered into the clearing with the dwarves. Gandalf looked worried until he saw my head peaking out of Lord Elrond's lap. For a moment he seemed startled, but then he smiled. Thorin then spotted me, and I think it looked as if I was being held against my will in Elrond's lap. I kind of was, because I desperately wanted to be anywhere but in someone's lap.