Balls and Butlers

"I will answer if I can, but you must answer my questions as well." Ciel frowned, thinking it over I guess. "Alright." I smiled in victory, but Sebastian interrupted us before the questioning could begin.

"Perhaps we should let miss Winchestor get ready for the day first?" Ciel nodded and stood up, walking out of the room briskly. Sebastian was still here though. "Aren't you going with him?" He shook his head, then walked to the wardrobe standing in the corner. He pulled out a pink dress and a corset, tossing them beside me.

I picked them up and threw them at his head, and he turned around with the dress covering his face. "I can dress myself thank you!" He took the dress off of his head and set it down as he grinned malevolently. "What? I'm not wearing that pink atrocity, or the torture device everyone seems to like." 

Sebastian turned back to the wardrobe, going through the dresses. I started humming randomly as I waited for him to leave. I got up and stood in front of the window, looking at the front lawn. "Is this more to your liking?" I turned around, Sebastian was holding a blue dress with black ribbons. I nodded and shooed him out, shut the door, and pulled the nightgown off to get dressed.

I tossed the corset onto the bed and picked up the dress, lifting it above my head to slip it on. Before I could get it over my head I felt the corset around my waist. "Sebastian!" I screeched as he tightened the strings and tied the corset. I heard him chuckle and he pulled the dress down over my head, leaving me gasping and red faced.

"You must wear the corset miss." I punched him in the stomach, unable to reach his face. He left the room chuckling and I stomped around, getting a pair of stockings and some knee high boots. When they were on I brushed my hair, no use in styling it. To be honest I never style my hair, the best it looks is a simple braid.

The corset is very restricting, but after moving around a bunch I grew used to the squeezing device. I opened the door and stepped into the hall, looking around for the way downstairs. Oh look I can see the door to Ciel's study, now I have a general direction to head in. 

I walked past the door, continueing down the hall and looking for the giant staircase and front hall. I found it and had just taken a step down when an explosion went off, and I stepped down on the edge of the step, slipping and falling. I screamed and thought, this again? I must be the clumsiest person here aside from Mey-rin.

I found myself in Sebastians arms again, and he set me down at the bottom of the steps. "Young master is waiting in the dining room, would you like me to take you there?" I nodded, flustered that I had fallen down and he had to catch me again. He held out an arm, and I stopped him. "Look Sebastian, copy me."

I held my hand up, my fingers splayed, he did the same and I pulled his glove off. He watched as I lightly placed my fingertips to his, and I pulled away after a moment and handed his glove back to him. "Now you have my permission to touch me." He held out his arm with a smirk, and I looped mine through it.

 He led me to the dining room and I found myself seated next to Ciel, Sebastian left for a moment and returned to serve breakfast. We ate in silence, and Sebastian kept watch.

 Afterwards I followed Ciel to his study, so that we can begin the question session. I decided to jump the gun and start things, so I would know if Ciel was the one who read me out of the book.

"My Lord did you recieve a mysterious letter in the past month? Tucked away in an odd location?" His eyebrow raised as he sat down, opening a drawer and pulling out an envelope. He slid it across the desk and I glanced at it, seeing Gandalfs handwriting spelling out Ciel's name.

"How do you know of it?" I smiled and pushed it back to him. "Because I recieved the same letter, but there might be minor changes in yours. It was sent to you by a dear friend of mine." He tented his fingers and leaned back. "I found it inside a book, given to me by my fiance' Elizabeth. I am guessing you are not from this world then."

I nodded my head. "The book I am guessing, was the Hobbit. I come from a world very different from this one, where this one is but a story." He nodded. "I see." He sat silently and I thought of something. "My Lord will you remove your eyepatch? Don't worry I know of your contract, but I swear not to speak of it to anyone or anything." 

Ciel looked shocked but regained his composure, reaching behind his head and untying the eyepatch. He pulled it off, revealing his voilet eye. I leaned forward over his desk, looking into his eyes. The door behind me opened, and there was a gasp. I was pulled back and slammed against the wall, a butterknife pressed to my throat.

"Sebastian! Release her immediately!" He let me go and I fell to the ground gasping. "Pardon me my Lord, I thought she had attacked you." He bowed and helped me up. "I would never attack him Sebastian." I choked out, a little light headed. 

"Is that so?" Ciel stood up and walked over to me. I gulped as he got closer, shouldn't have said that he'll take it as a challenge. He loomed over me, and once again I was reminded of the age difference from the anime. "What if I told you to attack me?" I shook my head no. He leaned further towards me, and his hand reached up to my face.

"I wouldn't do that master, it seems she has issues with physical contact." Ciel straightened up and stepped back quickly, and I let out a breath of relief. If he had touched me I might have smacked him, and that would go against what I had just said. 

"Ciel I know you read me out of the book, but I want to know why and when." I sat up in the chair, just as Ciel seated himself in his chair. "Well the Queen hasn't given me a new case in nearly a month, and I grew bored. As I was sitting here Elizabeth stopped by for a visit and gave me that book." He gestured towards the book lying on the desk. 

"I found the letter inside and decided to give it a try. But I cannot go gallovanting about in a book when the Queen might need me, so I did as the letter instructed and read you out." He leaned across the desk with his chin on his hands. "I wrote down what came to mind, a visual text you might say, and read it aloud. That was a week ago." 

A week?! The warp is instintaneous, how do I not remember a full week in this world? I sat in thought as the doors to the mansion burst open, and a high-pitched voice called out. "CIEEEEEELLLL!" I jumped when the study door opened and a pink blur launched itself into Ciel.

"Hello Elizabeth." He didn't sound very happy about her presence, but the bubbly blonde blathered on about girly things. "Ohhh Ciel lets have a ball! We can make the mansion beautiful, an- Who is this darling?" She had noticed me as I was sneaking out of the room, trying to avoid the inevitable pink catastrophy. "She is the Lady Kass, and she will be staying under my protection for awhile." 

I hid behind Sebastian and tried to escape, but was tackled from behind. "You should come to the ball Kass! I'll make you look great!" I was picked up from the ground by Sebastian, who held me like a cat, by the collar. "Sorry I don't go to balls, I can't dance and I usually end up tripping people by falling down. Go find Mey-rin I bet she'd look adorable in pink bows." Elizabeth clapped her hands and ran off, leaving me hanging.

"I think you will love the ball. I expect you to look presentable by seven." I opened my mouth to protest Ciel's words, but was cut off when Sebastian left the room, still holding me. "Hey! Put me down I'm not going to that ball!" I struggled to escape Sebastians grasp, but he made it back to my room and tossed me onto the bed, locking us both in the room. 

"The master said you are to look presentable, and so you shall." I gasped as he approached with a gleam in his eyes.

.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-.

"NO!" I'm hanging onto the bedpost for dear life, and Sebastian is actually struggling to pull me off. "You HAVE to wear the corset Kass!" I shook my head and gripped the bedpost tighter. Then I felt a hand tickle my sides, and I let go of the post to stop him. "No fair!" Too late I saw that was what he had wanted and I now had the corset on.

My face was all sorts of red, because for the past couple of hours, Sebastian had struggled to catch me and make me presentable. I wasn't left alone to undress, nor to bathe and get dressed again. I think my face is going to remain red forever.

He slipped the dress on over my head, and led me to the vanity to style my hair. After ten minutes of pulling, arranging and pinning, I was deemed presentable. "Stay in here. Do NOT move from that chair, or mess yourself up." The tone in his voice was terrifying and I nodded. He left me locked up in the room to wait for the ball in an hour.