Elves are Early

Oh man I can feel bark beneath my palms, which can only mean I'm in another tree. I guess when you go into a story it takes you to the origin of the page, in other words a tree.

"Took you long enough to realise. Sorry about the silence, I was sleeping."

Naru has to sleep? How does that make any sense?

"It doesn't. Sometimes it's just nice to rest and leave you to handle things. You should get down and find your stuff, I think Elrond knows where everyone went exactly."

Uh what if I'm nowhere near the elves? I hopped out of the tree, but my surroundings were unfamiliar yet familiar. Like seeing pictures of a place, but never being there. Oh look! A big stone! I walked to it and around, and gasped. A shattered sword lay on a bed of velvet, and I reached towards it. I touched the cool metal softly. It's really smooth and beautiful, but deadly all the same.

"Lady Kass?" I turned to the surprised voice and grinned. "Hello Lord Elrond." As I turned my hand knocked a peice of the sword down, and I caught it reflexively. Setting it back in place and turning I walked to Elrond. "I came back to retrieve my things, and to help Thorin and company. Can you help me?"

 The elf lord recovered from his surprise and turned, leading me out of the room. "You have been gone for three days Lady Kass. They left for the Lonely Mountain the night you left."

I know he saw what had happened, and Gandalf either refused to tell him, or spilled the beans. "Your bags and steed have been well kept in your absence."

"Thank you m'lord. I will leave immediately to catch up with the company. You have been generous and kind to me, and I thank you greatly."

"Think nothing of it. Stay here for a moment, there is something I must tend to." I stopped as he turned to another elf. They spoke so quietly I could only hear the soft rustling of their clothes. The elf nodded and raced off.

"Come, I will take you to your horse."

"Runningwind is here?" 

Yes I named her Runningwind. You cannot judge me, no one can. 

"Yes. She followed us after the Orcs attacked, and we brought her in to safety." Wait a moment, a few moments ago did he say it's been three days? ITS BEEN LIKE EIGHT MONTHS! 

"Time must work differently in each universe...."

Or maybe time slows in the stories I've been in, and time hasn't started in the stories I've yet to visit.

"That was actually an intelligent insight. If that is the case things will be easier to catch up on when you return to other stories."

Naru with you I am a genius! Lord Elrond stopped in front of an open stall, where Runningwind stood eating some oats. "Runningwind!" I hugged the black mare, her gentle whinnies and nuzzling welcoming me back. Animals love me, and I love them. 

The elf Elrond spoke to earlier returned, carrying my backpack and other belongings. Several other elves behind him had armfulls of saddlebags and supplies. They ran about getting everything ready for me to leave, whilst I stood there like a statue.

"Lady Kass."

"Hummnnn?"

"Does this sword have a name?"

In his hands is the black blade I found in the troll cave, and he seems to be inspecting it. "Yes I named it Moonshade."

"Hmmm...." He held one hand over the blade near the hilt, muttering something under his breath. When he removed his hand runes were there, but I can't read elvish.