Limits and Learning

I'm getting jumpy and nervous with someone staring, although it could be my imagination running away again. Rukia and Ichigo suddenly ran over, or rather Rukia dragged Ichigo over. 

"Hi Rukia, Ichigo."

"Good you're here Kass."

Ichigo stood up and glared at the smaller girl.

"So? Why did you drag me out here? And why have't you returned to that society place?"

"Only a Soulreaper can go back to the Soul Society, so I can't."

I blinked in confusion.

"Why can't you?" She looked over to me.

"Because I lost all of my powers to you two last night, and consequently I'm stuck in this Gigai until they return."

Ichigo and I stood there in utter confusion as she started explaining about Gigai's, what they are and what they're used for. But Ichigo stopped her when she began talking about us taking her place as Soulreapers until further notice.

"No way! My monster fighting days are over, that was a one time deal."

"Don't be ridiculous Ichigo! You did just fine yesterday."

"That was only because my family was in danger. But it's not like I'm ready to go and fight for complete strangers or anything. Sorry to disappoint you, c'mon Kass we're going." 

 He grabbed my arm and started dragging me away, and little question marks danced about my head. Rukia pulled out a fingerless red glove and ran at us, hitting Ichigo under the chin before slapping me. I flew back from my body, dressed in the soulreaper uniform.

"Aw crap! What happened to my body? What in the world did you do to me?"

Ichigo freaked out, and I rubbed my cheek. Rukia turned away with a glare.

"Follow me."

.•°•..•°•..•°•..•°•.Time skip to the park.•°•..•°•..•°•..•°•.

"What are we doing here?"

"We're getting close."

I kept stopping to look at flowers and butterflys, but I caught up to them to speak. "Close to what?"

"Our latest orders from the Soul Society. It looks like the spirit of a boy that dwells here in this park, is likely to come under attack soon."

A boy started screaming in the park, running as part of the park exploded. A Hollow shaped like a spider crawled after him. 

"Help mee!"

Ichigo and I both ran forward, hopping over the blockade.

"Wait! Hold on!"

"What is it?" We shouted in unison, skidding to a stop.

"Just where are you going? That boy is a complete stranger isn't he?"

Ichigo chuffed(I think, he made a weird scoffing noise okay?) and turned to the former Soulreaper.

"So what? I can't just stand by and let this happen! You expect me to watch him die?"

"Don't be such a fool! In the eyes of a Soulreaper all the spirits of this world are equal. Getting involved simply because spirits are nearby or they need help, isn't how it works! Leave him be! If you intend to help this child then commit yourself to saving every spirit. You must be willing to go to any lengths, even to sacrifice your own life."

The boy fell and I growled, drawing my Zanpakto and running forward. Ichigo must have had the same thought, because we cut off the Hollow's front legs together. It fell back with a screech and disappeared into the air.