Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty

Hey guys! Could you all nominate me for the Special Awards for BEST TITLE!? All the instructions are on my message board!

Vote and comment! #19 in teen fic last week! Let's make it #15 this week?

<3 Infatuated

********************

By the time we straggled back to the idling limo, dressed in our regular clothes, and shoes (thank God), it was easy to say that everyone was on the verge of falling asleep on the leather seats.

"Hot damn, I'm tired." Alonzo muttered sleepily as the limo turned off the street and onto the highway, rolling a little and nearly landing on Garrett's lap.

"Wish man, that ain't cool." Alonzo grumbled, resituating himself and blinking groggily at me. Then his gaze flickered behind me and he muttered, "oh screw this." and stood up, tottering a little like I was earlier in my high heels before kneeling on my bench seat thingy and toppling over, hitting the next row of seats behind me with a thump and a snore. It was miracle he didn't hit his head on the low ceiling.

Garrett simply snorted at his co-chef's noises before rubbing a hand over his eyes and shaking his head. Leaning over to the right where Angela had cupped her skin and was dead out next to the window, Garrett opened the minifridge attached to the wall and extracted two Starbucks coffee cans.

"Here," Garrett muttered in a rough voice, "this should help with the sleepiness. "

I nodded and managed to catch the can after fumbling clumsily, welcoming the cold glass bottle and slowly peeling off the safety plastic and gripping the cap, trying to twist it off. It must of been my tired movements and frazzled mind that I glared at my drink as if it was the spawn of the devil, all the while twisting it with all my strength.

With a sigh, Garrett leaned across the space between us and snatched the drink from between my fingers, and in one swift move, he popped the cap open and handed it back.

"How the hell...?" I mumbled groggily, welcoming the rich coffee taste of a mocha frappachino as it slid down my parched throat, enjoying the sips slowly.

Garrett on the other hand, gulped his iced coffee in what seemed like two gulps, tossing it easily into the silver trash can all in one breath.

"If anyone's falling asleep in the middle of the ICAF interview, it's going to be me. Coffee doesn't do shit to me." He muttered with a groan, as he fished out another bottle from the fridge, looking at me under half open silver eyes.

"Why don't you take a nap like those two?" I asked, gesturing at the peaceful Angela and the snores coming from behind me.

"Remember that time you cried into my shirt when I made you spaghetti and then we ended up falling asleep together?"

I nodded, blushing slightly at the memory so long ago.

"Yeah, well like that time, I suck at getting up. I'm one of the heaviest sleepers out there."

"So? I can wake you up when we get to the ICAF studio. With a slap." I replied nonchalantly, not understanding what the issue was.

Garrett looked down at his watch, frowning a bit as he read the numbers. "We get there in ten minutes, not enough time to get any quality rest. I'll just wait until tonight. Sorry if I start acting like a grumpy jerk."

I shrugged in return, watching the landscape fly by as we headed down the busy intersection. For some miraculous reason, there seemed to be no night traffic which was strange for such a big city. Looking down at my gold watch, I stared blankly at the hands, noticing vaguely that it was around six before slumping in my seat, emitting a groan.