Culinaria L'amore Epilogue

And here it is! The very last final part of Culinaria L'amore. I'm super sad that there won't be more after this but I have to ask you guys three questions that I would REALLY like you to answer: 1) What'd you think about the story as a whole and 2) what can I improve on with this story when I edit? and 3) what do you want to know about any characters? Any questions about/for them?

Also if you can notice the subtle refrence slash scene, and comment below, I'll dedicate a chapter to you that I haven't dedicated yet :)

NOTE: this is not the last part of CL. There will be an EXTRA CHAPTER after this one, so don't go away just yet :)

So guys, let's make this a good one, okay? Vote and comment until the buttons blow a fuse or something (hopefully not in your electronic device).

IF YOU ENJOYED CULINARIA L'AMORE CHECK OUT MY STORY 52. IT'S ANOTHER ROMANCE AND I THINK YOU'D LIKE IT!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Six Years Later

"I take Harrison Opel to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for rich or poor, in sickness and health, to lose and cherish till deather do us part."

There was a rustle of satin as I shifted slightly in my position, tears whelming up in my eyes.

"Can we please have the rings?" The priest asked in a commanding tone as the golden haired little boy stepped forward and presented the little blue cushion with the shining round rings on top.

Harrison bent down to retrieve his in one swift motion, coming up and looking intensely, his hands shaking a little as he presented his ring in all seriousness. "I give this to you as a sign of my commitment and my love, for forever, I will cherish you."

My tears threatened to fall as I opened my mouth. "I give this ring to you as a sign of my commitment and my love, for forever, I will devote myself to you."

There was a pregnant pause as the crowd waited with baited breath for the best part of the entire wedding and I shifted impatiently, my hands getting clammy in anticipation, as I yawned, stretching my mouth even wider while soft music began to play.

"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I was the first one to stand in my seat, vigourously clapping and wiping away my fallen tears as Harrison swooped down and planted a big smooch on his bride's mouth, picking her up bridal style and grinning widely with happiness at the applauding crowd. I was so overwrought with emotion that I trembled in my gold heels, barely containing my excitement and joy.

"Hey, honey, calm down a bit. You look like you're about to hypervenilate or something." Garrett mumbled quietly next to me, looking down with adoration in his eyes as he wiped away a stray tear from my cheek. I nodded with a shaky breath, still clapping as Harrison walked down the church aisle with his new wife, winking at me as he past.

Garrett looked down at his watch that peeked over the cuff of his black suit, relaxing when he saw that there was twenty minutes before the reception started, giving us enough time to head to the tent and make sure that all of our catered dishes were ready.

After the Internation Culinary Arts Festival ended and Garrett recovered from his injuries, Garrett and I decided to collarborate, still running L'amore successfully and starting up our own catering company. Garrett's specialty was his cakes and French pastries, a feat that took him years after my constant teasing about his lack of knowledge in baking boxed brownies, while I stuck mainly to the appetizers and main courses though we would often swap if one of us had a shift at the restaurant and couldn't finish the dishes that a variety of people would request. B&B Catering became wildly successful very quickly when I was twenty; people ranging from stuffy business men to harried moms ordered frequently, though money wasn't a concern. Both Yivannia and Mr. Bianchi were alive and well, enjoying retirement as Alonzo and Angela ran the Bianchi Institution when Garrett was out of town or couldn't work.

"Let's go." I whispered happily, linking my hand with his and admiring my own diamond ring on my finger. Garrett and I weren't married, much to my mother's displeasure, because I felt that twenty-five was too young to tie the knot, and Garrett agreed. But none the less, staking his 'claim', he had gotten on one knee two months ago, pulled out a velvet blue box, and asked me to marry him, because he "didn't want anyone else to get the chance for the next five years."

Looking down at the bowl of frosting, one that we had brought just in case of an emergency, I dipped a finger in and enjoyed the fluffy cream cheese frosting Garrett had mixed up. Turning to Garrett, I offered the bowl, but he was distracted, staring at my lips.

"Kirsten, you have some frosting on your mouth." He muttered softly, his gaze not moving from my lips. I could feel my heart flutter under my dress, and as I stared into his grey eyes surrounded by the long eyelashes I adored, I swore that I could see something like hunger in his eyes. Hunger for something other than food.

But before he could lean down and kiss me, the flaps to the reception tent burst open and Toben came in, straightening his tie and grinning at us, leaving me a bit flustered and self consciously licking my lips to clean up any messes.

"Looks like you're making well use of your time Kirrett." He smile, winking at me while patting Garrett on the back. "Need me to distract the guests for a couple minutes so you guys can finish your.... business?

"No need." I replied dryly, as people and voices flooded inside, heading to their seats at the round tables.

Looking up at Garrett with a grin, him having a frustrated look on his face because he couldn't kiss me, I tugged on his hand and admired my engagement ring.

Knowing that all he wanted to do was get close and... enjoy my company in private, I decided to tease him and scoop up another bit of icing with the crook of my finger and licking it off, grinning as his dark grey eyes grew dark with frustration. He was annoyed, undoubtly, but he had to wait.

After all, we had a love stronger than the love of food. An eternal love.

-THE END-