Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twelve

Hye guys! Enjoy the chapter! I worked uber hard on this one since I appreciated all the amazing comments and pleading for me to upload :)

~~Infatuated

********************

Outside for September in Colorado was actually surprisingly warm, not the normal chilly weather that Coloradians normally had to suffer through. A soft wind blew as Garrett opened up the door for me and I slipped in, grateful that the breeze hadn't flipped my dress over. He came over to the other side once I was situated and hopped in, easily turn on the soft, purring engine.

"Um Garrett?" I asked once we were going down the highway.

"Yeah?" He replied, looking at me for a brief second before focusing back on the road.

"I hope you do know that people seeing us together will raise suspicion. I mean, especially if any of your students get the wrong idea."

"Wrong idea?" Garrett's eyebrow quirked as he grinned.

I blushed, not wanting to say the exact words. "You know, that we're, um, well you know, um, dating. It is illegal and you could go to jail."

His grin turned to a small grimace as he turned around a corner in ease. "Don't worry, if my parents don't convince them otherwise, they can always pay them."

There we go again.

Swallowing nervously, I muttered, "You heard Toben and my conversation, didn't you."

He frowned as we abruptly stopped at a red light. "What conversation? What did I miss? Don't tell me Toben went on another fashion rant. Those things get so darn annoying sometimes."

His tone seemed genuine enough that I relaxed back into the leather seat. "Oh it was no big deal, just some aimless chit chat. Nothing to worry about."

"To answer your earlier question, we will be going to a restaurant pretty far away so that you don't have to worry about us getting in trouble. Also, paparazzi currently think I'm in Italy for a short break so it's not necessary to worry about that either. I am a good planner. Plus, it's not illegal. You're an adult. It's technically not but the whole moral thing with the student teacher relationship is still rather forbidden."

"Ah, okay."

We fell at a loss for words, though the silence wasn't awkward, just quiet.

Thrity minutes later, we pulled into an empty parking space in front of an expensive looking Greek restaurant called Constantine's.

Garrett put out his elbow for me and I took it graciously, teetering in my heels as we made out way up the wooden steps. The air conditioning blew in my face as we entered the building and were greeted with two hostesses.

"Do you have reservation tonight sir?" One of them with a daringly low neckline asked, smiling sweetly up at him. I couldn't help but eyeroll at her comment. How cliche could that get? Hot hostess flirts with hot guy, while rather plain date waits awkwardly.

Garrett cleared his throat. "Um, yeah, under the name Garry please."

I shot him a surprised look and he just silently shook his head, leading me to a corner table that was lit with old-fashioned oil lamps and grape colored wicker candles.

"Enjoy your meal." She muttered in a sticky sweet voice before departing with a couple of hip sways.

"How pathetic does that get?" Garrett asked, disgust clear in his voice.

I raised my eyebrows at him as I spread out my napkin. "Don't guys just dig the whole willing sexy female look?"

Garrett gave me a strange look before browsing over his menu. "I don't know what male company you've been in Kirsten, but the guys I know don't exactly appreciate girls that will bend over backwards figuratively, or forwards for that matter, if you know what I mean. I mean the view can sometimes be rather not, but guys like their girl a little more conservative. Especially for a guy who looks like me."