Culinaria L'amore Chapter Fourteen

Enjoy and please vote!

~~Infatuated

********************

"Hey, Kirsten, right?" A short, brunette girl asked, shyly coming up to me with a small pink slip in her hands. "Mr. Bianchi needs you in his office now."

"Thank you," I replied, turning to Amelia and waving goodbye to her. A small frown etched onto her face as she took a bite of her salami sandwich but I ignored it as I headed down to Wing A.

My mind was in a whirlwind as I navigated through the deserted halls of the institute. Why did Mr. Bianchi want to see me for? I had rarely spoken to me in the past few weeks except for the occasional greeting but I had dubbed it as merely shyness or control.

Stopping in front of a large wooden door then tentatively knocked before I heard a gruff, "Enter please", I clutched the small slip tighter in my hand before entered the large room.

Compared to many offices, this one seemed sterile, with wooden walls, a clutter free black desk , several rigid leather chairs, and sky high bookcases filled with cookbooks, record books, and thick fancy looking stacks of folders. Instead of Mr. Bianchi siting in the tall seat, Garrett was there, tapping lightly on the desk, flipping through a thick binder.

"Um, did your dad need me?" I asked, slowly closing the door behind me aware of the distance between us and glad of it.

He frowned at me before closing the folder and setting down his fountain pen. "No, I called you here into my office. My dad and I don't go by different names which is why you're probably confused. Take a seat."

Once I was comfortably situated, Garrett cleared his throat before muttering, "I need to know if you will be participating with me in the competition. You never gave me a direct answer after... Anyways, if you are still interested, I need you to take this and read everything carefully and sign where needed.

"Of course I'm still interested." I muttered faintly, slowly taking the binder out of his outreached hands and noticing how he tried to make the least contact with me.

"Good." He replied stiffly. "Then I need these back by tomorrow. We will have to be practicing and preparing, seeing where your skill levels are but it should be very... interesting. That's all I needed you for. You may leave. Go finish your lunch"

"Well, thanks." I replied, slowly getting up and walking to the door. Trying to ignore his commanding tone of voice and the lack of emotion, I muttered, "Have a good day, Ga- Mr. Bianchi."

********************

"What did he need you for?" Amelia asked as we were walking down the halls, heading to her car. Since we had forty five minutes left of lunch, we were heading to Starbucks to get a quick drink before we both went to class.

I gulped nervously. "Just some paperwork stuff that I missed apparently. Not that big of a deal."

"Oh."

"By the way, I have your magazine. Thanks for letting me borrow it."

She laughed and gratefully accepted the magazine that I held out. "No problem. Did you find what you were looking for?"

The blank look on my face prompted her into asking, "Weren't you looking for something on Mr. Bianchi? Or were you merely curious?"

"Merely curious." I muttered, hopping into the cool interior of her car. "I wanted to get a clear picture of what his abs looked like."

Though I was merely joking, Amelia sighed and muttered, "His eyes are really pretty. I'm so envious. If we got married, we could have pretty babies."