Culinaria L'amore Chapter Ten

Don't forget to vote and comment for moi!

~~Infatuated

*********************

Tuesday passed quickly and before I knew it, Wednsday was approaching.

Wednsday. I should be excited; after all it was my dinner with Garrett but I couldn't help feel weary and worn out at the prospect of meeting the guy that had a history with Mira, complicating it more, the guy who I was currently nursing a little crush on.

I sighed as I stared at the contents of my closet. The room I was in had a massive walk in closet, equipped with shelves, hangers, drawers, and a lot of racks. The clothes I had brought with me only used up about one fifth of the space the wall in closet provided.

The only problem with my current clothes was that there wasn't anything fancy in it. I had only taken jeans, t-shirts, and the occasional skirt. The dress I wore to the Bianchi dinner party ages ago was the only formal looking thing I could possibly find admist all the casual clothing and that seemed a bit too formal for a casual dinner.

Frustrated, I kicked one of my high heels into the corner, and pulled out my cellphone. The time read 7:25. Dinner had finshed half an hour ago and I had been looking for anything I could possibly wear for what seemed like ages.

Making sure that my wallet was in my purse, along with pepper spray that I always carried after watching Twilight, after much persuasion from Elle, I pocketed my phone and headed down the hall to Yivanni's study.

She was typing out a long paragraph furiously, the light of the computer screen illuminating her face. The sound of keys clacking must of caused her not to be able to hear my approach. I gently tapped her shoulder and she turned with a start before realizing it was me and smiling.

"What can I do for you?" She asked, smoothing out her skirt.

"Oh, I hope I wasn't bothering you." I muttered sincerely, "but I was wondering if I could borrow a car to take to the mall. I need to buy a couple of... things."

"Of course you can! Here take this key," she handed my a black Audi key, "and it belongs to the red Audi on the far right. Nameplate should say B3N H89. And Kirsten? Don't ask next time. Just grab the key and go wherever you want."

Weakly I shook my head yes while staring down at the key she had placed in my hand. An Audi? Did she not expect me to kill myself while driving such a thing?"

On my way out of the door, checking to make sure that Garrett was.'t around, I was about to open up the door that lead to the garage, when it swung open, displaying Toben and Goldie.

"Holy crap." I shrieked as Toben began laughing.

"Did I frighten you my dear? Why madam, I am terribly sorry. Will you accept my sincere apology for giving you a scare?"

So today was an old fashioned British accent, eh?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he let go of Goldie's lease and bounded into the house with a string of joyful barks.

"I was coming to visit Garrett like I normally do. Why are you going out on this cold, gloomy, desolate night? It's drizzling."

I grimaced. "I have to go shopping for a dress. Not the most fun, I know."

Toben's eyes lit up as I mentioned shopping and fell out of his character for a second when he exclaimed, "can I go with you?"

He saw me hesitate and swung his arm around my shoulder, steering me to a shiny black car that I presumed was his. "Come on Kirsten. You know that a gay guy's opinion is always the best. Even though I'm not like the gays who wear glitter and talk in a high voice, I have a great fashion taste. I mean look at me!"