Chapter Two: September 2nd, 2001 ||A Day in Bed||

The next day I woke up with a cold. Now I was stuck in bed with nothing to do but hear my brother make fun of me.

"This is totally not cool...*sniff*...Alfred is totally going to make fun of me...*sniff*..." I curled up into a ball under my covers to hide from Alfred. If he ended up coming in I was never going to hear the end of it. My door flew open to the loud ranting of Alfred.

"Yo, Emily! Why are you still in bed? It's time to get up!" He pulled the covers off of me. An angry energy spilled off of my body as I sat up with bed head and an evil glare in my eyes. "Wow, what happened to you?"

"I caught a cold...*sniff*...now go away...I know you'll just make fun of me." I pulled the covers back over my head and closed my eyes to act like I had quickly fallen back to sleep. When I really was almost dozed off the covers were once again pulled away and there was a shift in the bed. "Alfred! I said to go away...*sniff*..." I whipped around to see Alfred with a tray that had a bowl of hot, steaming soup.

"Come on Emily, let me play the big brother role and let me take care of you." Alfred placed the tray on the nightstand, took the spoon and started to feed me.

The two us talked for a while and teased each other as well. By the time I was feeling a little better it was almost nightfall. I had spent the entire day in bed. Something neither me or Alfred have ever done in a long time.